• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Good lord. I just sold two brand new AM15 lowers for $80 total last week. Why are local gun shops selling them for so much. Its not like they are hard to get.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    Engage had Engage lowers in stock recently. Mine have come together nicely and have no complaints.

TMG has Aero lowers for around that price. The cerakoted lowers are more a little more expensive and look nice but I wouldn't buy them unless you have the ability to deal with tight fitting parts.

I wouldn't spend that much for Andersen.

tohit

Apr 28, 2020
    Thanks to everyone that replied! I am going to look for an Aero or see if Engage has their lowers in stock. Appreciate all the feedback from everyone.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Hi Everyone, very new to the AR world. I got the itch to put together a semi budget friendly AR. I have been shopping around for stripped AR lowers and from calling some of the local places to me (Gaithersburg area), I am seeing an average cost for an anderson stripped lower of $80-90. Is that an okay deal/what a stripped lower usually costs in this area? I realize this is probably the worst time to do a build. Appreciate any advice.

Don't overlook United Guns on Randolph Rd. in Rockville. Give them a call and see what they have in stock.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    He means, any crappy part on an AR can be swapped for a better part. A crappy lower is a paperweight.

The lower is the core of the rifle. The heart. You can throw all the superior parts onto it you wish, but if the lower receiver is out of spec, the gun will be an incurable problem child.

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    The lower is the core of the rifle. The heart. You can throw all the superior parts onto it you wish, but if the lower receiver is out of spec, the gun will be an incurable problem child.
    This. Plus, even if you do swap it out, it involves two trips to an FFL a week apart, or aluminum flakes all over your kitchen machining an 80%...

diesel022

May 19, 2020
    Question about lower receivers

Hi everyone. New to the forum. I am building my lower receiver to an AR9 but haven't decided to make a pistol or a rifle yet. If I make it a pistol do I need to do anything with it like register it ? Mine was purchased as cash and carry as a AOW.

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    Hi everyone. New to the forum.
    Welcome!

Mine was purchased as cash and carry as a AOW.
    Are you sure about that? AOW is an NFA weapon, generally requiring a significant wait. As an “Other” you’d have a waiting period in Maryland, but perhaps you’re out of state.

I am building my lower receiver to an AR9 but haven't decided to make a pistol or a rifle yet. If I make it a pistol do I need to do anything with it like register it ?
    If you have the ability, I’d recommend you make it a Pistol first, because you can always make it a rifle after that, but not vice-versa.

I don’t know if any pistol registration requirement for building one in Maryland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom