• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DetectiveWildman

Feb 27, 2018
    Man, Id love to have a place outdoors to.go shoot so I didnt have to drive to Frederck to shoot my cheap steel case. That said, when i lived on a big piece of property in Croom my landlords son in law lived up the hill behind me and hed call the neighbors, tell them he was gonna shoot and not call pg's finest, and come get me for some good old fashioned bucket blasting. Loved it, miss it.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    If you are going to shoot your machine gun, have the courtesy to use a suppressor so other people don't feel bad about not being able to shoot with you....

1ceman

Dec 26, 2013
    I heard some gunfire just north of the 231 bridge on the Calvert side. I was especially annoyed because I was not invited. Had my gear packed from the weekend and could have been there speedily.

A friend of mine has a short private range next to the bridge (Behind the industrial park) .Its probably him. His son is always out there squeezing a few off.

bigdv

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2010
    Calvert Co.
    A friend of mine has a short private range next to the bridge (Behind the industrial park) .Its probably him. His son is always out there squeezing a few off.
    I can hear them shooting when I'm on the back soccer fields at Hallowing Pt Park. Its always nice to hear.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I thought no auto in MD?

It needs to be registered with Maryland State Police, along with the usual ATF tax stamp/registration. Otherwise perfectly legal. Under the new law though, certain types of "burst fire activators" and trigger packs are going to be illegal. Grandfathered, so long as they are registered with the ATF, but no longer legal.

MGs will in general be legal, but it is going to create a minefield on what can be transferred in Maryland going forward.

On the shooting off tons, I want to know what someone was shooting over in CC in the early season. It isn't AGC, it is too far to hear their stuff (about 5 miles up the river and this gunfire is maybe at most a mile away, probably just 1 or 2 properties over in CC from Potapsco SP). I've heard shooting that way a few time, but it was like a belt feed bolt action or something. Best description. No pauses to reload, just a slow steady metronome of gunshots like 1 every 3 seconds for about 8-10 minutes straight (yes, like 200-300 shots). I guess it could have been a semi-auto with really, really fast mag changes, but there was no change in cadence of the fire to indicate even 2-3 second mag change. Maybe a belt feed that they were tapping off a round every few seconds till the belt ran dry or something.

IX-3

Aug 21, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD
    On the shooting off tons, I want to know what someone was shooting over in CC in the early season. It isn't AGC, it is too far to hear their stuff (about 5 miles up the river and this gunfire is maybe at most a mile away, probably just 1 or 2 properties over in CC from Potapsco SP). I've heard shooting that way a few time, but it was like a belt feed bolt action or something. Best description. No pauses to reload, just a slow steady metronome of gunshots like 1 every 3 seconds for about 8-10 minutes straight (yes, like 200-300 shots). I guess it could have been a semi-auto with really, really fast mag changes, but there was no change in cadence of the fire to indicate even 2-3 second mag change. Maybe a belt feed that they were tapping off a round every few seconds till the belt ran dry or something.

Maybe it was one of FN's semi auto M249S'.

Alib94

Jan 20, 2019
    Random question,

Where do i get notifications?

When you guys comment, do i get a notification or something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom