• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leper Messiah

Aug 18, 2014
    Where is everyone launching their boat to get into the bay since Solomon's is closed?

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    I don't have a boat, but have helped a buddy put in his a few times. We used the one off sotterly road. Is that an option for you?

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    Both a little ways down the road (30 minutes) in St Mary's but you could try Buzz's or PLIO State Park. Coming out of St. Jerome's Creek and rounding the "point" to get out in the open bay never gets old. Those who have been there know what I'm talking about. OP, I assume you are going after rock? Nice thing about Buuz's/PLO is that they are just a run across the mouth of Potomac to get to VA waters for a couple week extension of the rock season. Maybe you are blasting not casting so the last bit of my post is moot.

Cheers and be safe out there...

Mark

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    I don't have a boat, but have helped a buddy put in his a few times. We used the one off sotterly road. Is that an option for you?

Forest Landing is a DNR ramp about 2 miles from the intersection of Rt.235 and Sotterley Rd. Can get busy on weekends. I live just down the street from there.

Leper Messiah

Aug 18, 2014
    Thanks fellas! Going to use the one on Sotterley Rd, my brother is visiting from California and we wanted to get out today for the last day of the season but the rain was just to much. Going to take him out cruising whenever the monsoon decides to end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom