• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    Hope you're happy with Steel 5.56 the rest of your life :lol2:

Unless a dealer gets in on a special deal from a distributor, or if you buy direct (I think 250k+/yr minimum for Federal?) the COST of brass cased 5.56 is nearly, if not over, $300/1000 currently. Even stuff like PMC.

I don't see it going down ever as inflation, oil prices, lead prices, demand, and steel prices continue to rise.

The cheaper than dirt deal was awesome. Had I seen it, I would have bought a bunch.

Yeah I wouldn't doubt if it didn't go back down much. It usually seems to go up and down though. It went down a lot compared to the ObamaGunRush times, and now its on the rise again.

I have enough 5.56 stored but I'm not shooting it. Wolf is my friend.

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011

booker

Apr 5, 2008
    Baltimore
    I've been ordering a lot from LuckyGunner lately... pretty happy with the service and everything listed is in stock, that convenience is great, don't have to hunt and peck for what you want.

A recent order was 250 rounds of Lake City XM855. The box came 8 rounds heavy and was delivered in 2 days. Every case, primer, projectile, and crimp was in great shape.
    http://www.luckygunner.com/5-56x45-62-gr-fmj-xm855-lake-city-250-rounds-loose

I also bought a few thousand rounds of reloaded .40 and the stuff is great near-full-power practice ammo at around $0.25/round. Plenty accurate at 30 yards.

PS I've been loving what PPU is making. When will a domestic manufacturer put out the same or better for that price?

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    luckygunner are you joking ? lol that place is a huge scam the only people that did more price goading then them was CTD last election

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    I thought PMC was Serbia

PMC is Korean. In the past some of their specialty ammo may have come from Europe. Prvi, the main Serbian ammo company, will make ammo on a contract basis, so PMC may have imported some Prvi made but PMC labeled ammo in the past. That ammo would have been labeled "Made in Serbia".

virtus

Ultimate Member
    Aug 11, 2010
    luckygunner are you joking ? lol that place is a huge scam the only people that did more price goading then them was CTD last election

I've found some great deals on LG. Their customer service was also amazing when I had to deal with them after UPS left my ammo in the rain. Haven't really noticed their prices jumping much more than anyone else's this election cycle :shrug:

Captnstabn

Apr 22, 2010
    I never noticed their prices jumping either, they were just always higher than anywhere else.

Tactics

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2010
    Happy to be Here
    I try to avoid CTD as much as possible. I got a great price on FNP mags a few months ago, but the shipping was brutal, and things were being sent from different warehouses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom