• ...and so much more!
  • MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    I never want to do transfers.
    You are missing all the fun.
    - an hq what?
    - what's a roster?
    - why do I have to do a background check on a 22?
    - I don't have time to get an hql now. Just keep it until I'm not busy.
    - why can't you give me 30 round mags?
    - i don't have a computer
    - i don't have email
    - tracking shows my package was signed for 30 seconds ago.
    - i don't need an hql I've been shooting since I was a kid
    - I have an hql, see this white paper card.
    - but I was a cop for 30 years in another state.
    - I don't like it
    - there's something wrong with it
    - I ordered the green one
    - can you show me how it works?
    - tracking shows tracking shows tracking shows tracking shows tracking shows tracking shows tracking shows tracking shows

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

shadow116

2nd Class Citizen
    Feb 28, 2008
    Emmitsburg

My 2nd all time favorite conversation at the counter.

Buyer: You need to fix my gun. I got it here last week and it is broke.

Shop: Well you actually bought this on Gunbroker, and we just did the transfer.

Buyer: But since I picked it up from you, you are responsible for fixing the problem.:sad20:

My number 1 is having a customer coming to pick up a transfer from a online seller. Tell us that the gun is not what he ordered and demand that we totally refund his money.:lol2:

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    This is why - if you're a Maryland resident who likes guns - you develop a long standing relationship with your LGS, rather than always trying to save a couple of pizza's worth of money when buying a $1000+ gun. Because they'll properly block the factory mags for you, send you happily on your way, and you both know there will be more business later. Yeah, and then you go to VA or PA and buy a couple hundred worth of additional mags for that new CZ, or have a mail order house ship them to a friendly out of state address so you can legally take possession of them. None of this hassle is EVER worth that slightly better perceived deal from some out of state source and then the FFL dance.

THIS.
    Live and learn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gtrnn

Apr 9, 2020
    This is why - if you're a Maryland resident who likes guns - you develop a long standing relationship with your LGS, rather than always trying to save a couple of pizza's worth of money when buying a $1000+ gun. Because they'll properly block the factory mags for you, send you happily on your way, and you both know there will be more business later. Yeah, and then you go to VA or PA and buy a couple hundred worth of additional mags for that new CZ, or have a mail order house ship them to a friendly out of state address so you can legally take possession of them. None of this hassle is EVER worth that slightly better perceived deal from some out of state source and then the FFL dance.

My first pistol purchase in MD gives me a great learning experience about the gun law here.. Not to mention the ridiculous bore lock law... Lol so are you saying that your FFL did the mag block that can be reversed to the full capacity?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    - an hq what?
    - what's a roster?
    - i don't have email
    - I don't like it
    - tracking shows tracking shows tracking shows tracking shows tracking shows tracking shows tracking shows tracking shows

I like the cut of your jib.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

My first pistol purchase in MD gives me a great learning experience about the gun law here.. Not to mention the ridiculous bore lock law... Lol so are you saying that your FFL did the mag block that can be reversed to the full capacity?

He is not saying that because it would be contrary to the law. It cannot be readily convertible.

What happens in magazine (and bore lock) club stays in the club, and is not discussed on the internet.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    - an hq what?
    - what's a roster?
    - i don't have email
    - I don't like it

Do you guys ever make a drinking game out of it? :D

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County

I keep trying to reply to this, but certain keys on my keyboard keep not working. Oh well. I'll take my keyboard to the next Magazine Club meeting and see if anyone can fix it.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    The best place to try and convert a blocked 10 magazine to standard capacity is in front of a MSP Trooper. Preferably on video so others can learn...

jlowe23

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2014
    Cecil County
    - an hq what?
    - what's a roster?
    - i don't have email
    - I don't like it

I hear all of these but the bolded one is my all time favorite. It seems like when their gun shows "out for delivery" they will sit at the gas station down the road until it shows "delivered" then they come straight here.

Steel Hunter

Nov 10, 2019
    Do you guys ever make a drinking game out of it? :D

It's FFL bingo. Get any of the above in five consecutive transfers to get a bingo. If you win you get to go do paperwork in the back office with your ear protection on for the rest of the day.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I hear all of these but the bolded one is my all time favorite. It seems like when their gun shows "out for delivery" they will sit at the gas station down the road until it shows "delivered" then they come straight here.

I have not done that...much, lol.

I know its a pain, but c'mon. When you have a present under the proverbial christmas tree aren't you eager to open it... now?
    :lol2:

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    FFL will not risk their livelihood for your mags.

FACT

Sad reality :(

Another FACT, in Maryland.

They can sell it to law enforcement or an out of state buyer, yes.

However, the buyer of the pistol cannot dictate where its shipped out of state, per the MSP.

Yes, they can.

Give that man a prize.

- an hq what?
    - what's a roster?
    - i don't have email
    - I don't like it

Every third phone call...

People are insane.

Well, I would not go that far, but I would say "unreasonable"...at times.

In clear violation of the Fight Club rules...

We have had "direct experience" with MSP on this.

No selling, arranging the sale of, redirecting the delivery of 10+ mags to persons not exempted from the law, period.

Modification means that it MUST be modified in such a way that it would destroy the magazine to un-do said modification.

Time is money, and mag mods are time consuming. Just write the loss off as the cost of doing business in MD and don't shoot the messengers (Dealers) for just trying to navigate the insane waters that are MD gun law.

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown

I guess they don't realize their gun most likely isn't the only thing coming in and there's actual work you have to do prior to them being notified to come to do paperwork. Tracking should only be used to know that the gun has arrived and isn't stuck in shipping limbo somewhere.

I always wished Gearfire would provide shipping information so I know when an online order has left the warehouse and might be to the FFL, I see now why it's probably for the best they don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom