• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    What is the best universal sight pusher that doesn’t cost hundreds of dollars? Under $100 specifically. I’ve read reviews and articles about various ones, but opinions and “experiences” are all over the map. I see NcStar pop up, but for some reason my mind automatically thinks “Trash!” with any NcStar product. I want one to replace and adjust sights on various handguns Glock, S&W, Beretta, etc. I won’t be using it on a daily basis, but possibly monthly or weekly depending on who needs sights adjusted or replaced.

BigRick

Hooligan #15
    Aug 7, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    Get the wheeler one and buy once cry once. The NcStar one works great on rear sights doesn't work worth a crap on front sights. I have no experience with any other ones.

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    I borrowed the wheeler. Works great. It was just over $100 late last year and I should have bought one then as the best price I've seen since is $130 with jumps to $150. If you don't need it now then put it in your Amazon cart and watch it for a drop.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I saw the Wheeler on, but wanted to hear from someone with personal experience with one. Will it work with all sights...angled, straight, etc? All slides too?

Postell

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 5, 2018
    I have one I bought from Lou at Maryland Gun Works when he was still in Monrovia long ago, his son now runs his business down in Augusta, Ga.
    Excellent products, but 100 bucks ant gonna get you one of his....

Postell

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 5, 2018
    I have one I bought from Lou at Maryland Gun Works when he was still in Monrovia long ago, his son now runs his business down in Augusta, Ga.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth

Only way I’d pay $300 for one is if I were replacing sights everyday and making money doing it. Even then I don’t know if I would.

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I saw the Wheeler on, but wanted to hear from someone with personal experience with one. Will it work with all sights...angled, straight, etc? All slides too?

I only used it once so I don't remember exactly but it has some extra pieces you swap out to handle angled sites. It looks like it can handle any slide as the operating area is huge.

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    My buddy called a gun shop this morning to see about having his rear sight drifted to center. $45!! That’s asinine for something that takes a few minutes max to drift a few millimeters.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    $13 What I use.

image_16332.jpg

https://www.harborfreight.com/heavy-duty-chain-breaker-66488.html

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    Another vote for Wheeler. It won’t flex, adjusts easily and will work on straight and angled sights. The cheapest route is doing it right the first time. I’ve tried several cheaper options and ended up the the wheeler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom