Antics From MD - Tax Returns for candidates.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    “...We all expected anyone who is going to be in front of the public and lead our nation would be transparent,” said Maryland Sen. Paul G. Pinsky, who plans to sponsor the legislation with Del. Jimmy Tarlau, a fellow Prince George's County Democrat. “He chose not to be, and we want to make sure that doesn’t happen again in the future from any candidate.”

It is not yet clear whether the proposal will win support from the legislature’s Democratic leaders or is likely to advance in either chamber. Spokespeople for Gov. Larry Hogan, a Republican who did not vote for Trump, did not immediately return a request for comment on whether he would sign such a bill if it passed..."

###

OK, there are two royal a-holes who should be on the list of political hacks to hound out of office.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    “...We all expected anyone who is going to be in front of the public and lead our nation would be transparent,” said Maryland Sen. Paul G. Pinsky, who plans to sponsor the legislation with Del. Jimmy Tarlau, a fellow Prince George's County Democrat. “He chose not to be, and we want to make sure that doesn’t happen again in the future from any candidate.”

Sure - let's see yours first fellas...

WatTyler

Ultimate Member
    A number of states are considering ballot restrictions like this. It's being offered as a states' rights issue - that the Constitution establishes the qualifications for eligibility to hold the office, but that the states get to establish the rules and qualifications for inclusion on the ballot. Rules change with time. When I grew up, you had, de facto, to be white to be on the ballot. And less than a century before that, by law, you had to be a freeborn landholder. And male, of course. And these were states' rights issues, just like the proposal in the MD GA. Same-same. Just one's "good" and one's "bad." Beware "good" ideas. They change with time.

nmyers

Jul 9, 2016
    FIRST, I want to see a certified (impressed seal) copy of Obama's birth certificate.

THEN, I'm willing to talk about other requirements.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I'd like to see annual net worth statements on the GA. So many pols enter politics with a little money, and retire very wealthy. "Public service" ought not to equate with "serving myself from the public trough."

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    Before we demand this from presidential candidates, let's try it out with state legislators. Many seem to be doing well with their part time job and whatever they're doing for the other nine months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom