• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    It just came in today!!!:party29::party29:

They haven't been distributed to retailers yet. They aren't showing as available on the noveske site yet either, they show as "coming soon".

So I emailed them to find out if they would let me pre order one and they said sure, we can send it now too. Sweet!! So they had me call in the order to them directly and here my UPS package sits. Nice folks to deal with over at Noveske :thumbsup:

07g35xnick

Feb 28, 2012
    Mount airy md
    It just came in today!!!:party29::party29:

They haven't been distributed to retailers yet. They aren't showing as available on the noveske site yet either, they show as "coming soon".

So I emailed them to find out if they would let me pre order one and they said sure, we can send it now too. Sweet!! So they had me call in the order to them directly and here my UPS package sits. Nice folks to deal with over at Noveske :thumbsup:

Excellent! What is yours going on?
    I got mine a few weeks ago. I'm doing a 7.5 pistol with a Midwest ind ssk keymod rail.

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    Excellent! What is yours going on?
    I got mine a few weeks ago. I'm doing a 7.5 pistol with a Midwest ind ssk keymod rail.

Nice!! :thumbsup:

It's going on a Noveske 7.5 diplomat barrel. Engage Armament upper, and the rail is a surprise I haven't seen anyone use yet....it's ordered and in route now, this thing is almost finished!!
    I know the keymod rails are popular now but for something this short I'm not to worried about it.

You going with a 9inch so its half covered or shorter so it's exposed? Mine will be a 7.5 rail so it isn't half covered up

07g35xnick

Feb 28, 2012
    Mount airy md
    Nice!! :thumbsup:

It's going on a Noveske 7.5 diplomat barrel. Engage Armament upper, and the rail is a surprise I haven't seen anyone use yet....it's ordered and in route now, this thing is almost finished!!
    I know the keymod rails are popular now but for something this short I'm not to worried about it.

You going with a 9inch so its half covered or shorter so it's exposed? Mine will be a 7.5 rail so it isn't half covered up

Oh man I can't wait to see that when it's done.

Yes I'm doing the 9 inch rail. Kx5 will stick out about .5 to 3/4 of an inch from what mid west says.
    I agree on the keymod being basically worthless in such a short barrel, I'm only doing it because it felt sooo nice when I held one in store

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013

Yes I'm doing the 9 inch rail. Kx5 will stick out about .5 to 3/4 of an inch from what mid west says.
    I agree on the keymod being basically worthless in such a short barrel, I'm only doing it because it felt sooo nice when I held one in store

I almost went with a 9 inch noveske rail, but decided to go exposed :moon: :D

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013

here is a peak waiting on 1 more part to post a completed pic.Which I'll post in the engage E4 thread.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Took mine out and shot it a couple weekends ago... I really like it!!

262637b8-b6d0-4abf-b433-37aae32d3e7d_zps0a6057b6.jpg

cd74ad21-f7d0-4c7d-89c5-a6905c2fb79a_zps978ec82a.jpg

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    What rail is that? I like it.
    It's a YHM 5005 rail. That build has a 10.5" bbl and uses a YHM 12.5" rail with the KX-5 on the end... adding that rail made my linear comp a bit short of the end of the rail, the KX-5 adds about 1.5" to the bbl length and is perfect with that rail length now.

I actually mount it upside down to allow flexibility with the VFG and also allows me to snap my bipod on for load testing. I don't need a bunch of top rail, but there is still plenty on the end for a front sight if I want to add one at some point.

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    It's a YHM 5005 rail. That build has a 10.5" bbl and uses a YHM 12.5" rail with the KX-5 on the end... adding that rail made my linear comp a bit short of the end of the rail, the KX-5 adds about 1.5" to the bbl length and is perfect with that rail length now.

I actually mount it upside down to allow flexibility with the VFG and also allows me to snap my bipod on for load testing. I don't need a bunch of top rail, but there is still plenty on the end for a front sight if I want to add one at some point.

Looks awesome Sticky!!:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom