Reputable Dealers for WW1-WW2 Era firearms?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TreeNinja

May 25, 2020
    Hello,

I was wondering if there are any Maryland firearms dealers who transact in older firearms in the aforementioned eras?

One of our dear friends is trying to thin out her estate and asked me to help with the firearms. I only have modern firearms, so I am trying to get up to speed about some of the WW2 era pieces.

I don’t dare disassemble or clean, not understanding what modern solvents will do to older finishes. I’ve just verified that they were unloaded!

Any recommendations? I’ve spent hours looking at stamps and finding out more about these cool guns.

Thanks so much,
    Joe

Attachments

• C23D94F6-6749-4AFC-AB30-77878F8AC20E.jpg
      C23D94F6-6749-4AFC-AB30-77878F8AC20E.jpg
      49 KB · Views: 496
    • 9BD2BF0B-6A27-4304-897A-B08DEE525BEE.jpg
      9BD2BF0B-6A27-4304-897A-B08DEE525BEE.jpg
      61.6 KB · Views: 487

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    I'd start with Duffy's. Their shop usually has a lot of historic stuff.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    From the pic's I can say they are pretty much worthless. I'll give ya tree fiddy for the lot. ;)

:lol2::lol2::lol2:

Go introduce yourself and check out the "Industry Partners".

TreeNinja

May 25, 2020
    Thanks, I have been in touch with legacy collectibles! But if I have first preference, I need to support Maryland’s firearms economy. Moving here from Texas, it is quite clear...Maryland needs help; and I’ll try to do my part. Thanks for the input all. My friend wanted to sell all her guns to an estate buyer, but I asked her to consider breaking up the long guns and pistols. I tried to call Duffys And will try others shortly!

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I'll give you tree fiddy ana ham sammich.

Lugers is jammomatics- pure junk.
    I'll swap you a Glock fotay for that Luger with the silly long barrel. Glock is much better.

Jul 1, 2012
    Thanks, I have been in touch with legacy collectibles! But if I have first preference, I need to support Maryland’s firearms economy. Moving here from Texas, it is quite clear...Maryland needs help; and I’ll try to do my part. Thanks for the input all. My friend wanted to sell all her guns to an estate buyer, but I asked her to consider breaking up the long guns and pistols. I tried to call Duffys And will try others shortly!

I've done a lot of buy/sell/trade with Legacy Collectibles in PA and they are very fair at either buying outright or selling for you on consignment. Since they specialize in exactly what you have that might be the best bet. They are also very knowledgeable, as there is a big difference between a non-matching, reblued 1940 Luger and a pristine matching Kreighoff. Good stuff rarely lasts more than a day or two on their website (which is where they sell the majority of items) due to the number of collectors that hover waiting for things to show up - not that I do :) They typically will come down and pick up a collection in person but not sure in this COVID-19 environment.

Typically a local gun shop has to offer well under value to cover their overhead so consignment is the better than direct sale.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    C&R Pistols are also exempt from the stupid Maryland requirement for a HQL (Handgun Qualification License). That is to say, they can be transferred at any MSP (MD State Police) station after the Maryland 7 day wait period. No need for an FFL to get involved.

The MSP fee is nominal (around $10).

Jul 1, 2012
    https://www.sarcoinc.com/
    They have been my goto for many years
    Great people
    Every visit to the Lyons VA ended in a Sarco visit
    They have since moved to Easton PA

They won't send or sell a handgun to MD period, unless somethings changed (even to an FFL-03), granted that's not buying, but I wouldn't deal with them on handguns since they won't deal with us.

"ALL PISTOLS NOT FOR SALE IN MASSACHUSETTS OR MARYLAND"

I didn't realize they bought whole used/collectible guns for resale either? I've seen the typical import surplus stuff (Molinas etc) but never anything like a C96.

I have had good experiences buying rare parts from them, with "Machine Gun" Dave diving into the back room for me and searching the drawers full of misc stuff.

Jul 1, 2012
    I don’t dare disassemble or clean, not understanding what modern solvents will do to older finishes. I’ve just verified that they were unloaded!

Forgot to mention, you are a wise man!
    Many old guns get ruined by incorrect cleaning and disassembly.
    Better to leave it be.
    A wipe-down with soft silicon cloth or gun oil like G96 will help protect (keep it off the wood grips though) and get fingerprints off, which can cause corrosion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom