• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ABN

ATW!
    Jan 20, 2020
    Baltimore
    I just did my own fingerprints at home

Bought the cards and ink from national gun trusts. Fast shipping.

ATF can mail you the cards for free from their website.

The ink pad goes for $7 on Amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ABN

ATW!
    Jan 20, 2020
    Baltimore
    Wait, you can do it yourself? How do they know it's my fingerprint then? Anyone can download the finger print card and print it out right? Isn't there some kind of notarization element in this process by going through the police or licensed venders? Lol.

Yes, you can do it yourself.

I guess you could technically fabricate the fingerprints with someone else’s fingerprints, but that is a pretty big felony.

No notarization process. With the exception of mailing notification to the CLEO and mailing ATF your prints, it is all done online.

tttongli

Oct 3, 2008
    HOWARD
    Yes, you can do it yourself.

I guess you could technically fabricate the fingerprints with someone else’s fingerprints, but that is a pretty big felony.

No notarization process. With the exception of mailing notification to the CLEO and mailing ATF your prints, it is all done online.

That's good to know. I think the liveacan place charges like 50 buck for it.

ABN

ATW!
    Jan 20, 2020
    Baltimore
    That's good to know. I think the liveacan place charges like 50 buck for it.

That’s ridiculous. That’s $50 that can go towards your stamp or suppressor parts.

Do them yourself. $7 for an inkpad. ATF Distribution Center online for FREE fingerprint cards.

There’s plenty of how to videos or instructions on how to fill out the form.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    Honestly I thought they would reject my fingerprints because I didn't do a great job on them. I guess that's why the require two cards. I had no troubles though. Approved in 3 weeks.

dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County
    Have any of you tried the Quiet bore drill jigs or something? I am having trouble with my drill press getting the holes centered. I don’t want to waste anymore parts with off center holes.

ABN

ATW!
    Jan 20, 2020
    Baltimore
    Have any of you tried the Quiet bore drill jigs or something? I am having trouble with my drill press getting the holes centered. I don’t want to waste anymore parts with off center holes.

Yes. They’re good to go for 9mm.

ABN

ATW!
    Jan 20, 2020
    Baltimore
    If you don’t mind can you tell me what the inner diameter of the clamp is?

Ah, sorry. I have the jig in my storage unit. I might be swinging by there this weekend and can tell you then or send you a pic.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    I'm debating on if I want to do aluminum baffles for a .22lr form 1 can. I hear they are a BITCH to clean. Anyone have experience?

ABN

ATW!
    Jan 20, 2020
    Baltimore
    I'm debating on if I want to do aluminum baffles for a .22lr form 1 can. I hear they are a BITCH to clean. Anyone have experience?

Yes, and you could invest in an ultrasonic cleaner or wet tumbler. Just use soap and hot water.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    Yes, and you could invest in an ultrasonic cleaner or wet tumbler. Just use soap and hot water.

apparently the ultrasonic cleaners and many solvents are bad for aluminum

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

I have an all-aluminum 22 LR can. I just don't let it get too fouled up. I pull it apart and wipe id down frequently. The baffle stack can be hard to pull apart if you let it go too long.

All aluminum excels in its ultra light weight, and is convenient for a small-ish semi-auto. I like having a can dedicated for 22LR since it's kind of a filthy round.

Think about this; your AR has an aluminum receiver. It's not the end of the world.

[EDIT]I also use anti-seize on the threads, and that is very helpful. The high temperature stuff used for automobile applications.

[EDIT2] To answer the question; Elbow grease, Hoppes 9 (just wipe it all off) and clean before 250 rounds. Anti-seize the threads.

Last edited:

Slowhand

Pre-Banned
    Dec 13, 2011
    In a van, down by the river.
    Question about e-submit a From 1.

ATF said after I e-submit the form, I will receive a cover letter for finger print card. And the card has to be mailed with 10 days of the submission of the form. So I'd better get the finger print card ready before submitting form 1, is this correct? Is there anywhere still open and can do finger prints? Last time I did the print in Elliccott City, don't know if they are considered essential or not right now.

Thanks for the help guys!

W0rth-a-Sh*t on Veterans Highway has LiveScan. They've been open thru all this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom