• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Crossbreed BBs are kydex....

The problem with the elastic of belly bands, is that the top edge of them roll over.
    The first rule of conceal carry is to not fiddle with your conceal carry.

Trying to push that top roll over back straight up, just to have it roll back over again would be the bane of your carrying existence. People will see you messing with it.

Elastic is rubber. Rubber doesn't breath. Sweating is miserable.

If you ever get the bug thinking you want a belly band, take a fresh crisp 50 dollar bill (that you would have spent on it) and place it in the dresser drawer where that band would have sat for a year. And then a year from then, you'll have a fresh, crisp 50 dollar bill to spend.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Are man purses still in vogue? Laptop bag or a leather one so i can look like Indiana Jones?

dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County
    I am not recomending BB's , and mentioned fanny packs in this thread .

That said , in my pesonal experience, a 1911 in a belly band , worn behind the hip at waist level is more comfortable than most IWB , for most pistols . To what extent that is praising belly bands vs dissing IWB I can't say , beyond that I am notorious in disliking almost all IWB .

Sometimes with scrubs on, I use the Crossbreed belly band with a p365. It conceals well. But after a long day it isn’t that great to have compression like a corset on your abdomen. Also, I haven’t tried it in hot weather yet.

firemn260

Sep 15, 2015
    Harford County
    For IWB...
    Look at Crossbreed SuperTuck.
    I have on for a Glock 30 and love it.
    https://www.crossbreedholsters.com/

This. I have one for my g23 and S&w shield. Very comfortable and actually hides pretty decent under a long t shirt.

For osw I use a fobus, I think that’s how it’s spelled, and it does fine. Just have to practice drawing from it because the retention is a little stiff.

Really though if your just toting it around the yard any belt or paddle holster with good retention will due. Just keep in mind, if your like me doing yard work and such that you will be banging it and getting it caught on stuff. Won’t really matter to the glock but I dam near ripped mine off when I got it snagged jumping down off the tractor.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    This. I have one for my g23 and S&w shield. Very comfortable and actually hides pretty decent under a long t shirt.

For osw I use a fobus, I think that’s how it’s spelled, and it does fine. Just have to practice drawing from it because the retention is a little stiff.

Really though if your just toting it around the yard any belt or paddle holster with good retention will due. Just keep in mind, if your like me doing yard work and such that you will be banging it and getting it caught on stuff. Won’t really matter to the glock but I dam near ripped mine off when I got it snagged jumping down off the tractor.
    That stiffness is the retention screw. Loosen it a little. But not too much.
    Also, kydex holsters require a good upward "snap" for the draw. There's no slowly pulling it out. If that's the case, then the retention screw is too loose.
    I'm guessing you have the paddle holster. The newer evolution model?
    Typically a slow draw could have the whole holster come along with it.

cfiolx

Sep 17, 2013
    IWB Holster

I purchased an Alien Gear IWB holster and really enjoyed it for my G19. I could wear it all day without any issues whatsoever. However, if for some reason I took it off and later needed to put it back on I would need to open the pants wide (as in totally unhook belt and unzip) to allow me to wrap the holster around my hip and snap the two clips to the belt. Therefore, I switched to an IWB holster (kydex) with just one wide clip to attach to the belt. It makes the holster VERY easy to take off (easier than Alien Gear's) and to put it back on it's a breeze as I only have to partially loosen the belt and slip it back on. While it only has one clip it is double wide so it should hold up/not break, but when I bought it I purchased an additional clip. Try a holster similar to the following: https://www.concealmentexpress.com/...-kydex-holsters/products/glock-192332-holster

TonyTwinz

Nov 18, 2012
    MoCo
    G19 Holster

I believe you said use would be around the yard. May I recommend https://www.originalsoegear.com/products/slide-holster?_pos=1&_sid=10a4207d5&_ss=r
    Not a concealment holster, but fits close to the body. Will fit any double stack semi pistol, with any light or optic. Trigger guard is covered and the retention is more than adequate. Bomb proof with a lifetime warranty you will never use. American made in Camden TN with all American made material. If you don’t mind not having the pistol completely covered(open bottom) than this might be the ticket. Now, do a little research about the owner of this company. Carefully read and understand their shipping policy. ANYTHING I have ever purchased from S.O.E. has been top shelf quality(belts, bags, shotgun cards, micro rig etc) and this holster has been no different.

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    Any thoughts about belly band holsters?

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01DEGYTC6

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QYFCCD4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have the one above and it works great for running and cycling. It also works for daily carry. With 70% 5 star reviews, I am not the only one. After a few minutes I forget I am carrying. The neoprene breaths really well and does not get hot. It does a better job of concealment than an IWB and does not pull my belt in an odd manner. Mine does not roll over.

Not carrying on the running trail is not an option because that is where the hooligans operate.

Obviously holster preference is a personal question involving a lot of strong opinions. The only way to find out is to try one.

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QYFCCD4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have the one above and it works great for running and cycling. It also works for daily carry. With 70% 5 star reviews, I am not the only one. After a few minutes I forget I am carrying. The neoprene breaths really well and does not get hot. It does a better job of concealment than an IWB and does not pull my belt in an odd manner. Mine does not roll over.

Not carrying on the running trail is not an option because that is where the hooligans operate.

Obviously holster preference is a personal question involving a lot of strong opinions. The only way to find out is to try one.

You can run with that? It just seems like it would be bouncing around like crazy.

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    I am not important enough to carry off property either....for now...I still have hope that will change someday. Anyway, I have an S&W 5 shot revolver that I carry in a pocket holster. I also have a nice pancake holster for my Glock 19 and my M&P Shield. I found both of these options are the most comfortable for me working on my property. Just don't forget you have it on and leave your property. Look out on eBay. As one person posted, its better and cheaper to buy used.

magwell

Mar 19, 2015
    Look at Concealment Express they have decent prices. I have an IWB for an M&P Shield and it feels and works real well. I'm thinking about getting the same holster for my 19. It has adjustable retention and they have OWB and tuckable versions. Also have matching mag pouches. Their website says Tyler Firearms is a dealer.

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    I was surprised how well it works also. There is no bounce and the pistol is held close to my body. I am carrying a compact not a Desert Eagle.

I'd pay to see you run with a Desert Eagle...seriously, that is impressive. At~$20 I'd give it a shot, but they don't have my size.

firemn260

Sep 15, 2015
    Harford County
    That stiffness is the retention screw. Loosen it a little. But not too much.
    Also, kydex holsters require a good upward "snap" for the draw. There's no slowly pulling it out. If that's the case, then the retention screw is too loose.
    I'm guessing you have the paddle holster. The newer evolution model?
    Typically a slow draw could have the whole holster come along with it.

It’s a older one I’ve had it a long time; back when I was doing fire investigation. I practiced with it a lot and got used to it. Your right a swift snap up and it clears holster every time.
    I rarely carry owb anymore and my huge box of holsters shows I went through a lot before I found one I liked. I really like the crossbreed but it does tend to build up some moisture.

CharlieFoxtrot

Industry Partner
    Sep 30, 2007
    Foothills of Appalachia
    Got one of these off Amazon, can’t beat the price and I like it. It’s molded plastic tho not kydex.

Bravo Concealment: Glock 19 19X 23 32, Glock 45, OWB Gun Holster https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01C34LWA2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_8NtFEb85N7QTQ

Before you buy it from Amazon check Bravo Concealments web page. They often have specials running. Right now it’s buy one get one free. I have a couple. They are serviceable, plain jane holsters. https://www.bravoconcealment.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom