• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    I have seen this for low prices compared to other stuff and I know that it is steel cased rather than brass. Has anyone used this for basic range shooting and have opinions on it one way or the other? Thanks.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I don't know if anyone else thinks so, but all the russian made 9mm I have used seems like the powder is either faster or hotter than say winchester white box.
    I have not chronographed to compare it to my reloads or Winchester though. I believe I shot all of my Silver bear and Tulamo 9mm
    Never had a problem with cycling of any steel cased 9mm

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I don't know if anyone else thinks so, but all the russian made 9mm I have used seems like the powder is either faster or hotter than say winchester white box.
    I have not chronographed to compare it to my reloads or Winchester though. I believe I shot all of my Silver bear and Tulamo 9mm
    Never had a problem with cycling of any steel cased 9mm

That is Lucky Gunner's results. At least in .223.

Pressure curve spikes sooner than on federal, by quiet a bit, but not as much area under the curve (IE less total developed energy). IE more throat erosion and pressure on your lugs. No idea on 9mm. Hard to get much faster than pistol powder other than maybe really small granules of powder.

Target Sport is supposedly sending me, I think it is 6 boxes of red army 45 in the next week or so (ordered a week ago). It might have been 8 boxes I ordered. Don't quiet remember.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom