• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Other than c and r are there exemptions to one regulated fire arm a month?

Nobody

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Other than c and r are there exemptions to one regulated fire arm a month?

Nobody

Yes. If you go through the painless process of becoming a known-to-the-MSP oh-fishal "collector," you can buy two at a time, but then wait 60 days for your next go-round. Won't help if you need it, say, this weekend. But it's worth getting the letter from MSP just so you have it if you need it when some special deal presents itself.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    2 at a time then wait 60 applies to anyone any regulated

C&R does not factor into a purchase within the state

As mentioned getting designated collector makes the 1 a month go away.

If you are a C&R FFL03 you don’t need designated collector if you are buying C&R from out of state and having it shipped to you and you can buy as many as you want.

If you get specific on your question we can be specific on The answers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Thanks for clarifying. I have the collector letter, but have never needed it for more than two in short order. I need to step up my collecting game!

geda

Dec 24, 2017
    cowcounty
    Thanks for clarifying. I have the collector letter, but have never needed it for more than two in short order. I need to step up my collecting game!

The guy at my local gun store said if you dont use the collector letter every month they take it away. I have found the most effective way to utilize the collector letter is to stay up really late, have a few adult beverages of your choice, then go on gunbroker and bid way too much on everything you have ever wanted. You need to do this, by law, at least once a month, that is what i tell my family at least.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    The guy at my local gun store said if you dont use the collector letter every month they take it away. I have found the most effective way to utilize the collector letter is to stay up really late, have a few adult beverages of your choice, then go on gunbroker and bid way too much on everything you have ever wanted. You need to do this, by law, at least once a month, that is what i tell my family at least.

The guy from your local gun store is full of it. The Designated Collector status does not go away. Shop elsewhere, I would.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    The guy at my local gun store said if you dont use the collector letter every month they take it away.

Let me guess. Did he say that the MSP dispatches Bigfoot in a borrowed Space Alien UFO to come and take it from us? Because all of those things share equal doses of documented reality.

bigjoegood1

King Lurker
    MDS Supporter
    May 2, 2005
    Behind enemy lines
    I've had my collector designation for 16 years and have never heard this. Hogwash! I

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    The guy at my local gun store said if you dont use the collector letter every month they take it away.

Funny enough, my wife says something similar. If I use the letter every month she goes away. Or maybe it was our bank balance.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

:lol::lol:

That's what I told my wife!

knovotny

Feb 5, 2013
    Aberdeen, MD
    Become a designated collector. Then the only thing restraining how many you buy is money! Also, your bank will likely notarize for free.

It doesn't expire, if your local gun shop actually told you that, I'd find a new gun shop.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    I have lived in DE for over 5 years and STILL have my "designated collector" status in MD. So when I move back to MD (yeah right :rolleyes:) I won't have to reapply (well except for the lube).....

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Funny enough, my wife says something similar. If I use the letter every month she goes away. Or maybe it was our bank balance.

I told my wife the same about my FL-03.

She simply said “good. The sooner they take it the better.”.

I think it backfired.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016

That is totally incorrect. :lol2:

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013

Really.

Hmm, but I have had several periods where I did not buy a handgun for months and months. And it still works.

But I do have a friend that spend a fairly long period buying one handgun a month, because it was the law. :D

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

:lol: exactly!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom