Unregister from MMCC (Medical Cannabis Commission)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoeTheBeagle

Aug 19, 2018
    Thanks for the information.

I spoke to the MMCC on the phone and they confirmed, For up to a year after you are expired and de-registered with MMCC.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    Marijuana is still illegal in Maryland. It was never decriminalized, only the penalty was downgraded to a civil citation.

The possession of less than 10 grams of marijuana is decriminalized.

Possession greater than 10 grams is a misdemeanor. Possession w/intent to distribute is a felony.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Thanks for the information.

I spoke to the MMCC on the phone and they confirmed, For up to a year after you are expired and de-registered with MMCC.

The MMCC does not define habitual, promulgate MSP Policy, nor prosecute violations of law.

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    Does the State check to see if someone has a Cannabis card at the time of purchase or when applying for an HQL?

I guess my thought is that if a person cancels/withdraws from the program, why should they have to wait a year to apply for an HQL?

I know you don't have the answer, I'm just spitballing.

I would think that they would check for the MMC card both times, as we are subject to the same BG checks every time we try to exercise a God given right.

:sad20:

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Does the State check to see if someone has a Cannabis card at the time of purchase or when applying for an HQL?

I guess my thought is that if a person cancels/withdraws from the program, why should they have to wait a year to apply for an HQL?

I know you don't have the answer, I'm just spitballing.

Yes they do. It is now a question on the HQL app. I took a pic of it a while ago and posted it in a thread, just the other day. IIRC, it is on file with the MD DHMH, which they check when you do a 77r.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Cannibidiol has always been legal. You can buy it on Amazon.

Marijuana has been available for decades in tablet form. Marinol (dronabinol).

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    The possession of less than 10 grams of marijuana is decriminalized.

Possession greater than 10 grams is a misdemeanor. Possession w/intent to distribute is a felony.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You may call it decriminalize, but you still get a ticket. That is called a civil citation, and you gotta pay the fine. All of which will leave you in the law enforcement systems.

shooter56

Aug 28, 2015
    The medical marijuana, is supposed to be processed to a point, that the recipient does not experience euphoria.

While there are non-euphoric strains of cannabis that are being used as treatments for some conditions, it’s not accurate to say that no form of medical marijuana will get you high. There are many types of medical marijuana, some with varying levels of THC and some with very little THC. High-THC medical cannabis will still produce the same intoxicating effects as the street form of the drug will.

Rickman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 31, 2012
    Port Deposit, MD
    I think I posted many months ago that MMCs were the best effort to date for back door gun control. Medically necessary or not, the results are pretty much the same.

Cager21

Sep 6, 2019
    MMCC info update

Hello: I just joined MD Shooters and was looking to ask nearly this same question after much research tonight. I am an elite-level competitive shooter with 40 years of experience and was training with Team USA for the Beijing Games. I am also currently wanting to make a handgun purchase and ran into this new wording on the MSP form (77R) that would exclude me, so I stopped the form until I could remove my MMCC card from the state database. I emailed the MMCC with this request since there's no way to do it online through my account. This is the relatively new language in the MSP Form 77R: "Are you a legal user of cannabis (marijuana) for medical purposes or are you issued a valid medical cannabis patient identification number or a valid medical cannabis patient identification card?" It ONLY mentions present tense, not a day before or a day (or year) afterward. This ONLY asks about the current state of things, as it asks, "ARE YOU...""-- not were you or will you be. It's also apparently illegal for the state to actually contact the MMCC and inquire as it's protected under HIPAA. But the Form 77R asking this would make it a crime to answer dishonestly, which I would not do. I've contacted the MMCC to expedite surrender of my card (I was only seeking non-psychoactive CBD anyway, which is now federally legal -again- under the revised 2018 Farm Bill, up to 0.3% THC by volume). What bothers me also is that the MSP form for W&C only says this: "Is not presently an alcoholic, addict, or habitual user of a controlled dangerous substance unless under legitimate medical direction." So with a medical cannabis card I could W&C but not purchase?? It's unfortunate that legit patients cannot also be legit gun owners, although I feel strongly nobody should ever handle a firearm impaired in any way. Hope this may help someone out there, and hopefully I'll be able to nix this MMCC card quickly so I can go finish my new Glock paperwork to go with my Mini Roni, waiting in the wings.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Hello: I just joined MD Shooters and was looking to ask nearly this same question after much research tonight. I am an elite-level competitive shooter with 40 years of experience and was training with Team USA for the Beijing Games. I am also currently wanting to make a handgun purchase and ran into this new wording on the MSP form (77R) that would exclude me, so I stopped the form until I could remove my MMCC card from the state database. I emailed the MMCC with this request since there's no way to do it online through my account. This is the relatively new language in the MSP Form 77R: "Are you a legal user of cannabis (marijuana) for medical purposes or are you issued a valid medical cannabis patient identification number or a valid medical cannabis patient identification card?" It ONLY mentions present tense, not a day before or a day (or year) afterward. This ONLY asks about the current state of things, as it asks, "ARE YOU...""-- not were you or will you be. It's also apparently illegal for the state to actually contact the MMCC and inquire as it's protected under HIPAA. But the Form 77R asking this would make it a crime to answer dishonestly, which I would not do. I've contacted the MMCC to expedite surrender of my card (I was only seeking non-psychoactive CBD anyway, which is now federally legal -again- under the revised 2018 Farm Bill, up to 0.3% THC by volume). What bothers me also is that the MSP form for W&C only says this: "Is not presently an alcoholic, addict, or habitual user of a controlled dangerous substance unless under legitimate medical direction." So with a medical cannabis card I could W&C but not purchase?? It's unfortunate that legit patients cannot also be legit gun owners, although I feel strongly nobody should ever handle a firearm impaired in any way. Hope this may help someone out there, and hopefully I'll be able to nix this MMCC card quickly so I can go finish my new Glock paperwork to go with my Mini Roni, waiting in the wings.

I seem to recall you had to be off the MM train for 1 year before you could purchase again in MD.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    By MM train, I believe Adit means active card. Cager I see your point. The 77r could ask if you are using prescribed antibiotics but they have no way to tell legally until something happens where they may "legally" get access to ones medical records. I would suggest calling the MSP licensing Division for clarification on the permit and this may help the 77r ? as well, I have found them easy to talk to for various questions.
    MD laws are purposely written to be vague for whatever reasons. I would also suggest a quick hello in the introductions section here, and Welcome to MDShooters
    Good Luck

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    By MM train, I believe Adit means active card. Cager I see your point. The 77r could ask if you are using prescribed antibiotics but they have no way to tell legally until something happens where they may "legally" get access to ones medical records. I would suggest calling the MSP licensing Division for clarification on the permit and this may help the 77r ? as well, I have found them easy to talk to for various questions.
    MD laws are purposely written to be vague for whatever reasons. I would also suggest a quick hello in the introductions section here, and Welcome to MDShooters
    Good Luck

BATFE guidance: if someone has a medical marijuana card that is proof enough of them being a prohibited person.

I sat in a seminar around 2013 and the agent from the BATFE, who told all of us FFLs (03 counted) and the MSP licensing division exactly that.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    BATFE guidance: if someone has a medical marijuana card that is proof enough of them being a prohibited person.

I sat in a seminar around 2013 and the agent from the BATFE, who told all of us FFLs (03 counted) and the MSP licensing division exactly that.
    So that includes having an expired one, problem solved. Sorry Cager.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    So that includes having an expired one, problem solved. Sorry Cager.

The waiting period is typically 1 year after the card expires.

There is a caveat: if arrested, thats right "arrested" for drugs, the waiting period can be extended to 5 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom