• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    When you apply for an HQL, you have to submit your fingerprints. Are these just compared to known "bad guys" on file and then destroyed, or are they then kept on file? Thanks in advance.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    They are not kept, at least for the purposes of anything else that requires fingerprints, such as a W&C permit. I'm sure they are kept somehow for some other purpose, however.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    When you apply for an HQL, you have to submit your fingerprints. Are these just compared to known "bad guys" on file and then destroyed, or are they then kept on file? Thanks in advance.

They are kept by the FBI. Which is why you don't need to resubmit them on renewal. Same for the carry permit. Look up the FBI's Rap-Back Program. Maryland is a participant. Maryland State Police gets notified within 72 hours if you are arrested anywhere in the United States.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• fbi1.jpg
      fbi1.jpg
      24.4 KB · Views: 599
    • fbi3.jpg
      fbi3.jpg
      46.6 KB · Views: 584
    • fbi2.jpg
      fbi2.jpg
      33.8 KB · Views: 591

Slenderman

Sep 30, 2016
    Silver Spring, MD
    I'm willing to bet they're kept permanently some place or another. Oh wait, the government would never lie to us, would they?

I dunno, for me it's just too damn suspect. I'm glad I have a couple small arms, because as long as this HQL bill is in place I won't be buying any other. I'm not a criminal and I refuse to be treated like one, just so I can exercise my rights. If you want a thorough background check, fine by me. But printing me like I'm a perp is where I draw the line.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I'm willing to bet they're kept permanently some place or another. Oh wait, the government would never lie to us, would they?

I dunno, for me it's just too damn suspect. I'm glad I have a couple small arms, because as long as this HQL bill is in place I won't be buying any other. I'm not a criminal and I refuse to be treated like one, just so I can exercise my rights. If you want a thorough background check, fine by me. But printing me like I'm a perp is where I draw the line.

The point of the fingerprints is to do a through background check. Odds are excellent your name is going to match at least a couple of other people in the US. Considering how screwed up a lot of databases are, odds are good your name, DOB and gender may even end up matching someone or be a partial match. The odds your fingerprints match someone else is almost zero.

Also to add in removing odds of you lying about your name or similar.

That is why fingerprints are taken.

So either you are okay with a complete background check being done. Or not.

I am in principal not okay with the HQL, but doing fingerprints is the best and most accurate way to do a background check.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom