• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • halltrail

Feb 24, 2016
    Hello, well after reading and rereading the stickies in this forum and then meeting with Bob Mancer of Maryland Reloader R, I bought Dillon 550C and .45 ACP dies. It should be in early next week. Ive also read a ton of the threads in here and I'm learning as much as I can. Lots of knowledgeable users on this forum.

Just wanted to call you guys out for making me buy this stuff...lol. Haven't even gotten one round made and Im looking at threads on casting lead bullets. :sad20: Although, I shoot a Glock 45 acp a lot...so I may need a new barrel or stick with Jacketed bullets.

Im sure Ill have some questions a long the way. Hopefully, Ill get a good head start when Bob sets up my 550 and teaches me how to reload the .45 ACP. Im not sure what will be my next caliber setup after the .45. I shoot a lot of 5.56x45, 30-06, and 9mm.

Anyway, been a member since last year, have done far more reading than writing...but that could change now....so just wanted to say hello.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    You can shoot lots of well lubricated lead bullets.

Just clean your barrel when you're done shooting.

If you start casting your own, LEE brand Liquid ALOX is a great and easy lube.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Is your glock 45acp or 45 gap? Loads should be different as the case is different. As a new reloader to another go slow , anything seems wrong or doesn't make sense stop and ask . Have fun and be safe :)

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    You can shoot lots of well lubricated lead bullets.

Just clean your barrel when you're done shooting.

If you start casting your own, LEE brand Liquid ALOX is a great and easy lube.
    This ^^^

The 'don't shoot cast in a Glock barrel' is pretty much a myth as long as you don't let leading build up too much. Lubed or coated eliminate this.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    Hello, well after reading and rereading the stickies in this forum and then meeting with Bob Mancer of Maryland Reloader R, I bought Dillon 550C and .45 ACP dies. It should be in early next week. Ive also read a ton of the threads in here and I'm learning as much as I can. Lots of knowledgeable users on this forum.

Just wanted to call you guys out for making me buy this stuff...lol. Haven't even gotten one round made and Im looking at threads on casting lead bullets. :sad20: Although, I shoot a Glock 45 acp a lot...so I may need a new barrel or stick with Jacketed bullets.

Im sure Ill have some questions a long the way. Hopefully, Ill get a good head start when Bob sets up my 550 and teaches me how to reload the .45 ACP. Im not sure what will be my next caliber setup after the .45. I shoot a lot of 5.56x45, 30-06, and 9mm.

Anyway, been a member since last year, have done far more reading than writing...but that could change now....so just wanted to say hello.

? bob mancer

halltrail

Feb 24, 2016
    Thanks for the welcome, warnings and advice. Im sure this will just be another addiction. It is a 45 ACP - Glock 21. I do have a 1911 as well. So, I will be doing some cast in that one for sure. Bob Mancer is a Dillon Dealer down in SoMD. I found out about him here on this forum. Great guy. He will setup the Dillon for you, setup the dies and show you how to get going. Now im off to read up on the castboolits forum and link on 45 cal shrooms. lol.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    Thanks for the welcome, warnings and advice. Im sure this will just be another addiction. It is a 45 ACP - Glock 21. I do have a 1911 as well. So, I will be doing some cast in that one for sure. Bob Mancer is a Dillon Dealer down in SoMD. I found out about him here on this forum. Great guy. He will setup the Dillon for you, setup the dies and show you how to get going. Now im off to read up on the castboolits forum and link on 45 cal shrooms. lol.

I grew up in a neighbor hood called oak hill so md their was a man named bob mancer this guy would be late 60 maybe if not older just wondering

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom