What is a K31 Very Good Condition fair price to buy today?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hchon3

Aug 8, 2017
    I happen to be trading one and a eddystone box of gp11 for a polytech m14. If you happen to have a polytech m14 you would trade lol

magwell

Mar 19, 2015
    Just seen a rack of them and 1911s at Cabela's in VA. At least a half dozen of each. All looked to be in good condition. The 1911s were 579 and the K31s were 800-950. Unbelievable.

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    I got a very nice looking Private Series K31 about 6 or 7 years ago from Dan's Sporting Goods for I think 350. Its an older one made in 1947. Today I'd expect to pay a Grand for it, but that is because the Private series a little rarer and usually in very nice shape. Though some argue that the Private series might look better but where shot a lot more then the military ones.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek

You are absolutely right!

If K31's are going for the prices referenced in this thread it seems I've been so busy playing with other toys I never noticed. Once in a while 4570inMD and I bring our K31's out to play at Hooligan shoots. Heck, he brought his today. Great shooting rifles!

I picked mine up from SOG back in 2008 for $279. :innocent0 Two years later I put a scope mount on it I got from a forum member here. Let's see... that was... Hmmm... K31 himself! :bowdown: ... (:secret: He told me then if I didn't like it he'd take it back). Hey, K31 - I've decided I like it... :D

Here's a pic of mine when I first mounted a scope. It's gone through several iterations of optics since. Also a few pics taken today of us shooting 4570's rifle. It's a helluva lotta fun when you can fire two 100 yard shots at a 3" target and have them touching. ;) BTW - 4570 even has a bayo for his K31. Now I want a pig sticker for mine! Dayum - It's always something!

K31's = :thumbsup:

Attachments

• K31 Scoped.jpg
      K31 Scoped.jpg
      99.7 KB · Views: 500
    • DSC02442.jpg
      DSC02442.jpg
      81 KB · Views: 480
    • DSC02449.jpg
      DSC02449.jpg
      72.9 KB · Views: 472
    • DSC02443.jpg
      DSC02443.jpg
      69.7 KB · Views: 480
    • DSC02451.jpg
      DSC02451.jpg
      115.6 KB · Views: 485

IanN

Nov 10, 2019
    I happen to be trading one and a eddystone box of gp11 for a polytech m14. If you happen to have a polytech m14 you would trade lol

I have a polytech M14s on the chopping block. Dont think I want a k31.

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    I have a nice Walnut stock K-31 anyone is interested before I list it in the classifieds. Was going to put it up for $700 Bought it a few years ago, never shot it, still has the hang tag on it. Havent even looked for the troop tag. PM me if any interest. Im in PA but frequent Harford, Balto and Cecil isnt that far.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    ... Im in PA but frequent Harford, Balto and Cecil isnt that far.

Beware. Don't forget an interstate sale must go through an FFL: it may not be sold face to face by a Pennsylvania resident to a Maryland resident, unless the buyer has C&R license.

If the Maryland buyer has an 03 FFL, a Curio & Relic license, the interstate sale is okay, because the buyer has the needed FFL.

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    Beware. Don't forget an interstate sale must go through an FFL: it may not be sold face to face by a Pennsylvania resident to a Maryland resident, unless the buyer has C&R license.

If the Maryland buyer has an 03 FFL, a Curio & Relic license, the interstate sale is okay, because the buyer has the needed FFL.

Yep, I completely understand that. Must go through MD FFL unless buyer has an 03 FFL in which case I'll need that info for my book. Appreciate you lookin out for me.

Feb 28, 2013
    I can’t believe how the prices have risen. I have a few, wish I’d have purchased a bunch more. I could kick myself for selling a nice one a few years back for $375.

I know you all like the wallpaper in my redneck ghetto farmhouse!

No biggie.

The manliness of them boom sticks cancels out that non-manly wall paper. :thumbsup:

baberuth

Babe Ruth
    Sep 1, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I wanted to thank you all for replies to my initial message. Been so busy with jopb and then COVID-19 that did not update.
    So, in the end I "pulled the trigger" so to speak and bought a really spectacular condition K31 with Diopter Sights at Cabela's in Virginia. Had it shipped to Christiana Delaware Cabela's. No Taxes in DE and much easy to buy after quick NCIC check (VA has requirement for two Government issued forms Picture ID which I did not have with me when I stopped by VA store). Paid $900 in the end.
    While more expensive than some years back, it is what it is and certainly going to increase in value most likely as time progresses. The supply is also drying out - only buying/transferring from private Swiss individual owned guns for most part now.
    While 7.5X55 ammo not the most common either but bought online. I will say - went to outdoor range in DE near OCMD I frequent and first pull of the trigger shot produced the biggest smile on my face EVER target shooting. Good Grief! This bad boy has some punch and accuracy is crazy groupings at 100 yds. I have to find a bigger/longer outdoor range!!! Similar to a Dragunov 7.62X54R I own and Mosin I own that are awesome to shoot as well but more accurate.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    I wanted to thank you all for replies to my initial message. Been so busy with jopb and then COVID-19 that did not update.
    So, in the end I "pulled the trigger" so to speak and bought a really spectacular condition K31 with Diopter Sights at Cabela's in Virginia. Had it shipped to Christiana Delaware Cabela's. No Taxes in DE and much easy to buy after quick NCIC check (VA has requirement for two Government issued forms Picture ID which I did not have with me when I stopped by VA store). Paid $900 in the end.
    While more expensive than some years back, it is what it is and certainly going to increase in value most likely as time progresses. The supply is also drying out - only buying/transferring from private Swiss individual owned guns for most part now.
    While 7.5X55 ammo not the most common either but bought online. I will say - went to outdoor range in DE near OCMD I frequent and first pull of the trigger shot produced the biggest smile on my face EVER target shooting. Good Grief! This bad boy has some punch and accuracy is crazy groupings at 100 yds. I have to find a bigger/longer outdoor range!!! Similar to a Dragunov 7.62X54R I own and Mosin I own that are awesome to shoot as well but more accurate.

K31's have a very satisfying recoil. They are a pleasure to shoot. As you have found, accurate as hell too... :thumbsup:

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    I'll say it again: the diopter sight set is worth around $350-400 by itself. So factoring that in it's like you paid $500-550 for the K31. You did well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom