• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chesapeakeIRON

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2012
    Harford County
    The Harrisburg show is this weekend, is anyone going. My wife (S&WGirl06) are heading up tomorrow am to get there by 9 when it opens

Whitey

Collector and involved.
    Apr 5, 2014
    Central MD
    Does anyone know how PA dealers treat MD long gun buyers for cash n carry at this show??

I've found PA dealers are far more pleasant than the dealers at the Chantilly show. Two or three York shows ago a dealer on the right hand side had P64 pistols for a good price, but had a sign that said no MD 03 C&R. Granted that was for pistols, but never had an issue with long guns. The VA dealers at Chantilly will just say no MD sales, PA act like human beings. Just what I've encountered.

Long1MD

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2013
    Too far gone
    I think I'm going to start attending more PA shows. The last Chantilly show the dealer wouldn't sell me a Vepr 12 because it was an AK variant. I explained to him that was for center fire not shotgun. He got a little pissy and asked if I was an FFL. I got a little pissier and told him he was losing out on a lot of money at these shows by not knowing the law.

ground chuck

Rookie Jedi
    Sep 28, 2013
    Charm City County
    Does anyone know how PA dealers treat MD long gun buyers for cash n carry at this show??
    It's hit or miss, I had trouble buying a s&w 15-22 at oaks 2 years ago. Each vendor that had one I would ask if they'll sell to a md resident. I had go through 4 until the 5th one said yeah, no problem. Some of the ones that said no, tried to spout of laws and what not. I responded with sorry you're wrong, thank you for your time.

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    There is a small show tomorrow in Chambersburg at the Isaak Walton League, from 8 am to 1 pm. It would not really be much of a side trip if you are going up Rt 15 of I 81.

Chriss

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    It's hit or miss, I had trouble buying a s&w 15-22 at oaks 2 years ago. Each vendor that had one I would ask if they'll sell to a md resident. I had go through 4 until the 5th one said yeah, no problem. Some of the ones that said no, tried to spout of laws and what not. I responded with sorry you're wrong, thank you for your time.

Still sound worth the drive. Sounds kinda big considering the building. It will be fun just the same.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Anything specific? What's good about this show? selection? Ammo? lots of tables?

My in-Laws are in my house...so if I can scrounge up a good excuse, I can get out of the house and don't have to deal with...

https://youtu.be/EsJaHykEdg0

HUGE show. LOTS of tables and an eclectic mix of old and new, hunting and military. There is almost always something for everyone. While it's not as great as it used to be, it's still excellent. I almost never miss it. There is always some exotic stuff too.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    As always, something interesting at the show. I don't even like AR's but I couldn't pass up this older police trade-in Colt for $750. Bought from a Colt distributor, externally, it has a nice patina and internally it is near new. Obviously, I obscured the SN....it's not 0!

Last edited:
    HUGE show. LOTS of tables and an eclectic mix of old and new, hunting and military. There is almost always something for everyone. While it's not as great as it used to be, it's still excellent. I almost never miss it. There is always some exotic stuff too.
    I'm from Harrisburg. I never realized how great the shows were in the early '90's because it was my go-to show. I also underappreciated the $79 SKS' and $69 Enfields. Those shows used to average 1000 tables of guns and gun accessories for sale. No arts and crafts for sale back then. I would compare it to the Timonium Antique gun show as far as size and variety went.

chesapeakeIRON

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2012
    Harford County
    As always, something interesting at the show. I don't even like AR's but I couldn't pass up this older police trade-in Colt for $750. Bought from a Colt distributor, externally, it has a nice patina and internally it is near new. Obviously, I obscured the SN....it's not 0!

Nice Haul - We picked up a few mags but thoroughly enjoyed the show. We tend to make it to more PA shows then we do VA shows. Although I plan to go to the next Chantilly show, since I have not been there yet

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD

So what is that exactly, a 20 inch carbine or mid length gas system?

Interesting. Very interesting. Does anyone know what it is called? (what model) ?

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Hell if I know. I just bought it for the neat markings. Colt still sells what is essentially the same rifle today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom