• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    So a non HBAR with the nasty 203 cut in .223 5.56 is legal?

Just got off the phone with Engage and if the lower was purchased post 1 Oct 2013, OnLy a HBAR is legal on the post lower.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

Just got off the phone with Engage and if the lower was purchased post 1 Oct 2013, OnLy a HBAR is legal on the post lower.

Yes. Not illegal to own, just illegal to buy. I'm not well versed on adding one to a pre-ban lower but, Nate will tell you all the ins and outs on that.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE

The idea of attaching it to a lower wasn't previously mentioned. The upper is still legal to purchase.

Yes. Not illegal to own, just illegal to buy. I'm not well versed on adding one to a pre-ban lower but, Nate will tell you all the ins and outs on that.

Not illegal to purchase the upper.

The only time anything here becomes a problem is if you place the upper into an illegal configuration. i.e. Attaching a non-HBAR upper to a post 10/1/13 lower and possessing it while in the state of MD.

IANAL.

Feb 28, 2013
    Delmarva Shooting Supply in Seaford is EXCELLENT. another great smaller store in Bridgeville, next door to Snappys. :-)

I'm in Seaford every day. Where are they at?

BTW, I stopped in Steeles on Rt. 9 today. He had a LOT of stuff crammed into that place. The M-16's hanging from the ceiling made me feel good. :D

Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE
    I'm in Seaford every day. Where are they at?

BTW, I stopped in Steeles on Rt. 9 today. He had a LOT of stuff crammed into that place. The M-16's hanging from the ceiling made me feel good. :D

In the shopping center, west side of 13 where they are building the new Food Lion Store.
    Delmarva Shooting Supply
    Address: 22988 Sussex Hwy #119, Seaford, DE 19973
    Phone:(302) 990-5678
    Hours: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm Monday - Saturday

mancheechee

Daily Trigger
    Jul 22, 2010
    Frederick
    Delmarva Law Enforcement Supply...uh...
    Warning to MD shoppers.
    Nice shop. Owner is very very friendly. BUT
    No price tags on mags...I asked for Ruger SR9 mags which he had in storage...as he came out, I saw him take two mags out of the Ruger SR9 double package and he put the mags without any packaging (which is fine) on the counter and after we exchanged what was a pleasant conversation, I asked him how much I owed him. His response was ridiculous:
    $45 EACH for Ruger SR9 mags. I asked him why they were priced high, his response had BS all over it, that All pistol mags were going for no less than $40 these days...including the Glock mags running close to that price. He also noted tax there was no tax, thus I'd be saving some money.
    What he didnt know was that I just purchased both Glock, magpul, and Ruger mags from another Delaware store ($27 for Ruger mag in package, slightly more for G19 factory, and very fair $ for the magpuls). Also, those double packs go for $40 from (edit:grabagun) that I could just ship to Relatives in PA.
    I like supporting small shops when I am able, but if my BS radar goes berserk, I politely say goodbye and leave.

If he didnt see my MD plates, I wonder if prices would have been different.

scouse

Mar 6, 2013
    Havana on the Severn
    There is a great little gun/fishing store in south bethany on RT1. it's in a small strip mall (I think that it is the southern most strip mall in Bethany) that also houses a Grottos pizza, and is next to a place that sells great sandwiches. Sorry, the names escape me. It is also next door to a designer decorating shop, so the missus (she'll love you all the more if you take her!) will have something to do while you are looking.

tom b

Oct 2, 2011
    Warning to MD shoppers.
    No price tags on mags...I asked for Ruger SR9 mags which he had in storage...as he came out, I saw him take two mags out of the Ruger SR9 double package and he put the mags without any packaging (which is fine) on the counter and after we exchanged what was a pleasant conversation, I asked him how much I owed him. His response was ridiculous:
    $45 EACH for Ruger SR9 mags. I asked him why they were priced high, his response had BS all over it, that All pistol mags were going for no less than $40 these days...including the Glock mags running close to that price. He also noted tax there was no tax, thus I'd be saving some money.
    What he didnt know was that I just purchased both Glock, magpul, and Ruger mags from another Delaware store ($27 for Ruger mag in package, slightly more for G19 factory, and very fair $ for the magpuls). Also, those double packs go for $40 from (edit:grabagun) that I could just ship to Relatives in PA.
    I like supporting small shops when I am able, but if my BS radar goes berserk, I politely say goodbye and leave.

I've bought numerous mags and other item from Delmarva. He always finds hard to obtain items and has always charged me market or below. I have have found him to be first class and trustworthy.

mancheechee

Daily Trigger
    Jul 22, 2010
    Frederick
    I'm sure he was fair with you, and he was very pleasant and nice. He had a nice selection of firearms as well. I just stopped in for mags and he saw my car (only one at the parking and was there before he arrived to open the store) and so he probably wanted to see if I would take the bite.
    But how does anybody explain $90 for two SR9 mags. That's totally ridiculous.
    Anyway, my relative's already ordered a 2pack for me at $37.99 plus $4.08 shipping and I'll be seeing him next weekend. MD vacationers, just go over to Lighthouse or Hook'em because they have all their products tagged with prices and are fair.

The sphinx

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2013
    Delaware
    Warning to MD shoppers.

I don't shop there anymore. The price gouging was so bad after sandy hook I refuse to shop again. 40$ for a 40 round pmag he was charging . I even gave them a second chance when I called and asked for the price on a beretta and he said he does not give prices over the phone. Yep I done. I spend my money with Delmarva shooting supply in Seaford.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom