• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    Holy crap...he volunteers....crashes his own ATV and sues!?!? WTF

The poor kid is paralyzed but as it is with the victims of this world someone else is to blame. This kid was turning his life around when he probably was high or drinking (total speculation on my part) was chasing flying vegetable matter through a cornfield(fact) on a super charged steed (fact), hit an uncaring vindictive dip in the field( well hmm.. should have been aware he wasn't on a paved road) and flipped his equally uncaring steed over on top of him and was severely injured..

Who's fault is it? The parents who allowed him to ride the ATV? The person who gave him the ATV(probably his parents)? The person who allowed him to ride it on the farm? The pumpkin Chunker who threw the gourd? The people watching him tear through the corn field with wild abandon? No its the farmer and his family.

Sadly it is the same story with the "victims" of self defense shootings. They all were turning their lives around until the pivotal moment when they were shot doing something they shouldn't have been doing and put their lives and/or body in harms way. Its not their fault, the blame resides on society or the poor guy forced to defend himself. There is no personal responsibility in this world. I feel sorry for this kid but he made his own bed. His parents are equally responsible and should be ashamed for trying to sue this farmer and Pumpkin Chunkin for this tragic accident.

dtmeyers

Jun 22, 2013
    Sad to say Punkin Chunkin was going downhill for a while

It was a lot more fun when you could go right up to the cannons and chat. Then came a small fence. Then came a large fence. Then came the hipsters and yuppies and television crews.

*sigh* maybe I'm just getting old

Mr H

Banana'd
    Tori Bellaci (formerly of Mythbusters) was on FNC this morning.

While there is no official event this year, Science Channel is involved with letting these guys strut their stuff. I missed the details, but there will at least be something captured for broadcast.

peppercorn

Nov 28, 2012
    Timonium
    It's sad when a lack of personal responsibility ruins things for everyone else. I've competed the past few years and those guys who doing the spotting would race around like bats out of hell. Hope things get settled for next year.

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    I went to many a Chunk over the years. I was always amazed that they got away with a lot of the stuff going on at the Chunk. It was just a matter of time until someone sued and ruined it for everyone, our society sucks.

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    A guy I know from high school is on one of the teams (one of the teams Mythbusters covered). He was the chicken farmer.

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    Yup heard it on the radio this morning. Cancelled due to no insurance willing to take on the risk. A guy I go on ATV'ing with is on the 'chunksters'. He's a really good welder.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Last one we went to was around year 2008. I could not believe how crowded it had become back then, and didn't really want to hassle going any longer. We saw a string of them in the 1980's and 90's. They were at Eagle Crest Airport a few years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom