• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ifdot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Md Eastern Shore
    Wife and I are talking about moving, we have outgrown our current house and are weighing the options on where to move. We like the area we live in but Delaware is just 5 min down the road. What are the pros and cons of living in De as apposed to Md besides the obvious of gun laws and an extra $300+ a week in my paycheck. Are there any nice neighborhoods near the MD line around the Greensboro/Denton area? I dont want to move much farther away from DC/VA then I already am since that is where I work.

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    My buddy lives in Camden Wyoming area of DE, about 10 minutes from Greensboro. Awesome area! And only 10 or so minutes from Smyrna.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Brother is moving from FL to DE since he just retired (at under 50yrs old) :bang head: He was just here this week on his 4th trip to look at properties and he is waiting to hear if his offer was accepted. What I have gathered on a couple of trips with him is that the zoning laws are very screwy in most of DE. You could have a McMansion, and someone can put a trailer on the property next door. When I first moved to the Eastern Shore, my job was near Felton (outside of Dover) and it was an easy 35 min drive. Passing through Greensboro, Bridgetown, etc. are several nice places to live and if you are just down the road you probably know all that already.
    He had a tax accountant look at the savings by moving to DE instead of MD. I will find out what that figure is, but it wasn't a lot. Your situation may be different. I think it cost him $150 to find out.

Ifdot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Md Eastern Shore
    Brother is moving from FL to DE since he just retired (at under 50yrs old) :bang head: He was just here this week on his 4th trip to look at properties and he is waiting to hear if his offer was accepted. What I have gathered on a couple of trips with him is that the zoning laws are very screwy in most of DE. You could have a McMansion, and someone can put a trailer on the property next door. When I first moved to the Eastern Shore, my job was near Felton (outside of Dover) and it was an easy 35 min drive. Passing through Greensboro, Bridgetown, etc. are several nice places to live and if you are just down the road you probably know all that already.
    He had a tax accountant look at the savings by moving to DE instead of MD. I will find out what that figure is, but it wasn't a lot. Your situation may be different. I think it cost him $150 to find out.

This is my main concern. And what I have noticed going through De. There are some nice neighborhoods but the areas seem undesirable to be in. I know the school system is horrible, was planning on private school for the kiddies anyway.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    What I have gathered on a couple of trips with him is that the zoning laws are very screwy in most of DE. You could have a McMansion, and someone can put a trailer on the property next door.

Sounds good to me.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I always figured DE was pretty anti-gun, despite their current non restrictive gun laws. DE/VA would be my next guess to which state turns Anti 2A.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    Wife and I are talking about moving, we have outgrown our current house and are weighing the options on where to move. We like the area we live in but Delaware is just 5 min down the road. What are the pros and cons of living in De as apposed to Md besides the obvious of gun laws and an extra $300+ a week in my paycheck. Are there any nice neighborhoods near the MD line around the Greensboro/Denton area? I dont want to move much farther away from DC/VA then I already am since that is where I work.

Delaware elected Dopy Joe for how many years?

That right there would be a disqualifier for me

Yellowhand

Jan 19, 2014
    Eastern Shore
    Delaware is still better than Maryland though the liberal progressives are attempting to chip away at the 2A...I do all my range time in Delaware.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    Delaware is still better than Maryland though the liberal progressives are attempting to chip away at the 2A...I do all my range time in Delaware.

Yea, and Russia is currently better than China but I wouldn't choose to live in either if there was a better option.......and Pa and 40+ other states are better options

The argument that one is "Less Bad" than the other is like voting for McCain or Romney instead of Obama.........well I really don't want a crap sandwich regardless of whether it a 6" or footlong......

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010

Forbes or MSN Money rated Delaware the #1 state for retirement. I'm considering it and PA. Delaware is always in the top 3

Ifdot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Md Eastern Shore
    Well Alaska is our #1, but work for me is hit or miss. Also it would cost around $20,000 just to move there. Wife has a job waiting just won't pay the bills to make it worth my wild.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom