• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    8a2028f12db3b50d98cee0acf27adcf0.jpg

As you enter Zoe’s Kitchen in Annapolis on wall near door. I asked the cashiers what it meant and they were like deer in headlights. Isn’t open carry banned anyway ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    The sign cites 6-402 which reads

Article - Criminal Law
    [Previous][Next]
    §6–402.
    (a) A person may not enter or trespass on property that is posted conspicuously against trespass by:
    (1) signs placed where they reasonably may be seen; or
    (2) paint marks that:
    (i) conform with regulations that the Department of Natural Resources adopts under § 5–209 of the Natural Resources Article; and
    (ii) are made on trees or posts that are located:
    1. at each road entrance to the property; and
    2. adjacent to public roadways, public waterways, and other land adjoining the property.
    (b) A person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to:
    (1) for a first violation, imprisonment not exceeding 90 days or a fine not exceeding $500 or both;
    (2) for a second violation occurring within 2 years after the first violation, imprisonment not exceeding 6 months or a fine not exceeding $1,000 or both; and
    (3) for each subsequent violation occurring within 2 years after the preceding violation, imprisonment not exceeding 1 year or a fine not exceeding $2,500 or both.
    [Previous][Next]

So that clears it up!

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Looks to me as though they have a lot of southern stores and a few MD and NJ stores. Looks to me as though someone in corporate was told to find an appropriate sign for MD, not really knowing the law. I am sure this is a corporate policy.

I wonder what the NJ sign says, lol.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    There is no prohibition against open carry for those who have a MD Wear & Carry permit.

Right behind you. Although OC would probably go over better in my neck of the woods, but for now I stick to only OCing on my property.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Technically shouldn't it be at/on the door? The act already happened if you walked in and saw it on a back wall.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    It should be prominently displayed on the front door in plain sight where all the snowflakes can see it and FEEL safe to enter... and for all those legally permitted to carry a firearm to bypass this establishment. In the event of a situation where they may need to have police respond, well... maybe they could just work it out on their own.

ETA... Added to the list of places the my fat ass will NEVER grace their doorway.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    Looks to me as though they have a lot of southern stores and a few MD and NJ stores. Looks to me as though someone in corporate was told to find an appropriate sign for MD, not really knowing the law. I am sure this is a corporate policy.

I wonder what the NJ sign says, lol.

There's a Zoe's Kitchen less than a mile from my house, it's one of my wife's favorite places for a quick meal. It doesn't have a GFZ sign posted anywhere, I carry there every time we go there.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    So guns are ok in the front of the store but not in the back of the store?
    Seems backwards to me.
    People at the end of the line are more likely to be upset and therefore shoot the place up.
    Maybe they should put some coat hooks near the sign so once you reach it you can take your pistol off and hang it up until you’re done your meal.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    There's a Zoe's Kitchen less than a mile from my house, it's one of my wife's favorite places for a quick meal. It doesn't have a GFZ sign posted anywhere, I carry there every time we go there.

does CO have some sort of pre-emption for this?

It is a little bizarre to see this sign in MD. If some corporate bureaucrat asshat is not to blame, well its even more bizarre.

maybe they are trying to prevent a robbery... :lol2:

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Open carry of long guns is perfectly fine in MD unless it is as at protest and police have informed you that OC has been banned.

They just don’t want someone sauntering in with an AR-15 on their shoulder.

Or are idiots.

I’d go with the later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom