• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ifindppl

Sep 13, 2012
    Montgomery County
    I picked this up from Mark at 2A Sales for my son's birthday. Another member here was kind enough to let him use his daughter's 22cal at IWLA range in Germantown a few weeks back. I added the Nikon scope. I think it is a good starter for him. Looking forward to getting it to the range. Trap, you out there, buddy?

Attachments

• Savage MKII 1.jpg
      Savage MKII 1.jpg
      26.6 KB · Views: 612

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Have fun. Buy a few extra mags. If you want to have some fun, buy some higher end target ammo. One ragged hole with five shots at 50 yards. (Wolf or SK or Lapua)

ifindppl

Sep 13, 2012
    Montgomery County
    Have fun. Buy a few extra mags. If you want to have some fun, buy some higher end target ammo. One ragged hole with five shots at 50 yards. (Wolf or SK or Lapua)

Buying extra mags is a good idea. One reason I liked this rifle is because of the bolt action. It makes a person (my son) take his time between shots and focus on the target. I thought about a Ruger 10/22 Takedown but there was not one available locally. It is hard sometimes not to want to squeeze off a bunch of rounds (for me) at times. I have a Ruger 22/45 Lite and it is a fun gun to shoot. I am currently shooting CCI 22lr mini-mags. I have not had an FTF or FTE with them. I will try some of the ammo you suggested. I have about 1400 rounds of the mini-mags right now.

Jan 15, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Nice pick-up! I've got a MkII F that I'll be adding tech-sights and a GI sling to over the winter for Applessed next year. They really are great guns and perfect for learning the fundamentals, imo. Hope your son enjoys it :thumbsup:

trap

Sep 26, 2010
    Germantown
    I picked this up from Mark at 2A Sales for my son's birthday. Another member here was kind enough to let him use his daughter's 22cal at IWLA range in Germantown a few weeks back. I added the Nikon scope. I think it is a good starter for him. Looking forward to getting it to the range. Trap, you out there, buddy?

See you and Alex at the range on Saturday

4MDGunRights

Gun Totin' Member
    Jul 28, 2009
    Morris Co, New Jersistan
    I am in the market for a Mark II FV-SR. Moving backwards, I bought a Bushnell 3200 10x40 mil/mil scope from Midway on sale for $199 with a $75 rebate from Bushnell. I've decided on the FV-SR to host my new scope. Any suggestions for rings/ ring height to mount a 40mm objective lens on the rail that comes on the FV-SR?

Nice pick-up on the Savage from 2A Sales!

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    I am in the market for a Mark II FV-SR. Moving backwards, I bought a Bushnell 3200 10x40 mil/mil scope from Midway on sale for $199 with a $75 rebate from Bushnell. I've decided on the FV-SR to host my new scope. Any suggestions for rings/ ring height to mount a 40mm objective lens on the rail that comes on the FV-SR?

Nice pick-up on the Savage from 2A Sales!

Here's my FV-SR with a 40mm objective lens Mueller APT and Burris XTR Low rings. I've also got a Boyds Tacticool stock so it may be hard to compare with the synthetic stock it comes with. Sorry. But its the best I could do to help. Keep in mind that Burris XTR low rings are actually a bit taller than many other brands "low" rings. With the Boyds stock, the cheekweld is perfect.
    IMAG0149.jpg

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Here's my FV-SR with a 40mm objective lens Mueller APT and Burris XTR Low rings. I've also got a Boyds Tacticool stock so it may be hard to compare with the synthetic stock it comes with. Sorry. But its the best I could do to help. Keep in mind that Burris XTR low rings are actually a bit taller than many other brands "low" rings. With the Boyds stock, the cheekweld is perfect.
    IMAG0149.jpg

If I have seen this pic once I've seen it 100 times LOL.

ColonelHurtz

A pile of little arms.
    Nov 13, 2008
    I just got a Mark II TRSR and it is a sexy little beast.
    I can't wait for my real scope to get here so I mounted a POS Chinese 3x9 I had lying around the house.
    Even with that it shoots great.

4MDGunRights

Gun Totin' Member
    Jul 28, 2009
    Morris Co, New Jersistan
    I like the Boyd's Tacticool stock so much that I already planned on buying one. Using a 6 screw scope ring for a .22LR rifle scope is definitely overkill, but it adds to the overall great looks of your rifle, Flipz. I was thinking of using the Burris Signiture Zee medium mount.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    I like the Boyd's Tacticool stock so much that I already planned on buying one. Using a 6 screw scope ring for a .22LR rifle scope is definitely overkill, but it adds to the overall great looks of your rifle, Flipz. I was thinking of using the Burris Signiture Zee medium mount.

Overkill? Noooooooo......... :innocent0

n&n'sdad

Take'em!!
    Dec 20, 2010
    In the goose pit
    IMAG0149.jpg

Looks good..:thumbsup: is that a can or a brake?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom