• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    There is no "loophole" VA accepts on line video training. It has been this way for over 5 years.

The DC online course is accepted as well. It's FREE

https://dcfst.mpdconline.com/

Any site that advocates avoiding training is to be avoided IMO.

Here's another-20 bucks instead of 50

http://www.vaguntraining.com/

This is from the VSP web site:
    Documentation of Competence with a Handgun
    The applicant shall demonstrate competence with a handgun by one of the following:

• Completing a hunter education or hunter safety course approved by the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries or a similar agency of another state.
    • Completing any National Rifle Association firearms safety or training course.
    • Completing any firearms safety or training course or class available to the general public offered by a law-enforcement agency, junior college, college, or private or public institution or organization or firearms training school utilizing instructors certified by the National Rifle Association or the Department of Criminal Justice Services or a similar agency of another state.
    • Completing any law-enforcement firearms safety or training course or class offered for security guards, investigators, special deputies, or any division or subdivision of law enforcement or security enforcement.
    • Presenting evidence of equivalent experience with a firearm through participation in organized shooting competition approved by the Department of State Police or current military service or proof of an honorable discharge from any branch of the armed services.
    • Obtaining or previously having held a license to carry a firearm in this Commonwealth or a locality thereof, unless such license has been revoked for cause.
    • Completing any firearms training or safety course or class, including an electronic, video, or on-line course, conducted by a state-certified or National Rifle Association-certified firearms instructor.
    • Completing any governmental police agency firearms training course and qualifying to carry a firearm in the course of normal police duties.
    • Completing any other firearms training that the Virginia Department of State Police deems adequate.
    A photocopy of a certificate of completion of any such course or class, an affidavit from the instructor, school, club, organization, or group that conducted or taught such course or class attesting to the completion of the course or class by the applicant, or a copy of any document which shows completion of the course or class or evidences participation in firearms competition shall satisfy the requirement for demonstration of competence with a handgun.

teqmod

redneck gun toting member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Downey Oshunn
    Thanks for the info. Not trying to get around training but thought that was a little too easy and wasn't sure the validity of the site.

Thanks

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    In Va pretty much everything qualifies.

From a Constitutional Rights viewpoint this is a Good Thing, short only abolishing any training requirement.

From the viewpoint of a wise and prudent person looking to defend themselves and family , they should seek a level of useful knowledge and skills well beyond any State's minium required training.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    You can also use the old MD online gun safety certificate or whatever the hell it was called.

marc0nline

Mar 24, 2019
    Southern Maryland
    No , but hunters saftey card does . Expect to wait 6 months once you start the process for getting your permit
    Thanks for the information. When I lived there in the 90's it took 30 days, I hope the back log is because so many people are exercising their 2nd admendment.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    No , but hunters saftey card does . Expect to wait 6 months once you start the process for getting your permit

Actually according to 3 people I've talked to, its now taking about 8-9 weeks for a NR permit. Let us know how long!

The backlog was from 2016 when they threatened to stop recognizing UT and some other NR permits. The value of the VA permit is debatable. On the one hand, they continue to recognize out of state NR permits, like FL. On the other hand, who knows whether that will continue if Bloomturd gets a foothold down there. My 0.02 is that the VA permit still has some "insurance" value in case Bloomturd gets a foothold. I travel to/through VA more often than FL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom