• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    1st) Ted is either going to retire or more likely pass away in the next 4 years. He is in failing health. In either situation the democratic central committee will vote to replace him. If you think you will get another blue dog dem you are crazy. I would not vote for Ted.

2nd) Pam does what she needs to do. If a vote is close she will do what is needed not what is right. Keep that in mind.

Lastly

What are you guys doing right now to help change this district? We already know who the candidates are that will support our 2A rights, there is no need to sit here and discuss it on a forum. I am already working with several of the candidates and I have not seen anyone I have met from this board. If you want to make a difference get out from behind the keyboards and volunteer and donate to the candidates. Otherwise you are fooling yourself that anything you are typing is going to make a difference. They have already proven that showing up and filling all their rooms and stumping in front of the capital doesnt mean squat. All of the candidates on our side need money and volunteers. Contact them and donate to them now. Do not wait. If you do it will be too late.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I won't go into detail here as to why I'm just now getting back to anything resembling activity on this.

You're right, that this requires a more hands-on approach. But, we should also keep in mind that everyone has different levels of "people-ability".

As you well know, the "magic" of any project is to match talents and capabilities to the needs at hand. I just hope we have enough people interested in actually DOING, so that we can cover as many aspects as possible.

Now... that said...

Are you aware of any upcoming meetups for individual candidates, or even multi-candidate events? Like I said a few posts back, I am just now getting back to activity on this.

Last edited:

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Yes.

May 12 AA Chamber of Commerce forum 7:30 am @ Gavigans furniture 7319 Ritchie hwy

May 18th Glen Burnie parade - they can all use walkers or vehicle they can put signs on. People to hand out literature along the parade, ride in the vehicle and wave, etc. I think the meet up time is 11 am but you need to contact the candidates to let them know how you can help.

Harmans civic association forum May 22 7pm @ Hebron elementary

Jesup candidates forum June 1st 4pm @ Jessup Community hall

there are more but I can't remember them all. I suggest people contact candidates to see how they can help. Eodtim is a member here.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Also I am not saying what you have to do to help them. There are many ways to help. Start by contacting the candidates. If you are uncomfortable with certain things or cant, then donate. Money is key to the fight. They can't get their message out without it. Anything from $5-4,000. But contact the candidates and see how you can help. If you want ideas I can list some.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    I rode her like the Pony Express on FSA. I would like to think it had some small effect, but in reality I would think they knew her vote didn't matter.

The district has been moving in recent years, but we need to push it over the edge. Beidle and Sophocleus have been talking a good moderate game for years, but really are squishes.

The more riders we can recruit, the better! IMO, every one on our side helps :)

Mr H

Banana'd
    Well, since they're all "at-large" seats within the district, there's really no one-on-one correlation.

As a D :::gag::: I will at the very least be voting for Chang and Dove in the primary. Not sure about the 3d vote, yet. I do know it won't be going to the incumbents, unless the others turn out to be complete leftist warthogs.

As Matlack said, though, we need to find ways to support the best 3 OVERALL, whomever they turn out to be.

FULL DISCLOSURE: I've been focusing on removing the current crop in the primary, so I've not yet delved into the R side of things.

eodtim

Mar 9, 2014
    Linthicum, MD
    DINO strategy

Mr. H., I am not sure of the logic behind supporting DINOs. It is a very limited strategy. As an example Spencer is a great kid but is a progressive with no experience except supporting a political career. Not sure how that is going to work out for you. If you insist on voting DINO please consider Steve Wyatt for 32. I served with him while in the Navy and his heart is in the right place.

But back to the strategy, Republicans have 1 more seat then Dems in the elected State positions. We are just not in the right places. If you believe in 2A and other conservative ideas (fiscal responsibility, free market, low taxes, limited government, free speech that includes prayer, etc.) then the DINOs need to switch their priorities. No lasting change will occur until you do.

I am asking you personally to switch parties and vote for me. I WILL not let you down. You will ALWAYS know where I stand. I represent the same values you do based on everything I have read in this post.

Like MATLACK said, we need support, donations, people to host small gatherings to talk to, walk in events, hand out literature, etc. This is not easy running but it is not my fight but OUR fight. I cannot win without YOU.

As always standing by to assist my neighbors. Thanks.

Tim Walters
    waltersdistrict32@gmail.com
    waltersfor32.com
    Facebook: Citizens for Tim Walters

Citizens for Tim Walters
    Treasurer: Brittany Kohler

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    DINO has two purposes:

-In the firmly entrenched Dem districts where it is nearly a guarantee that no Republicans will win, to try to get a more desirable Democrat or at least to knock out an incumbent to show that we still have some power.

-In purple districts where Republicans actually have a chance, to try and get the weakest Dem through the primaries to give the Republican candidate a better chance of winning the general election.

Mr H

Banana'd
    DINO has two purposes:

-In the firmly entrenched Dem districts where it is nearly a guarantee that no Republicans will win, to try to get a more desirable Democrat or at least to knock out an incumbent to show that we still have some power.

-In purple districts where Republicans actually have a chance, to try and get the weakest Dem through the primaries to give the Republican candidate a better chance of winning the general election.

Nice summary. It really is an unanticipated extension of the Buckley Rule.

Tim...

We have to keep in mind that, in a closed primary state, we have to make decisions on how best to 'spend' our vote. As you well know, in D32 we have been "represented" by a slate of go-along-to-get-along 'establishment' candidates.

Matlack (and others) have been working hard to break this, and I applaud them fully.

But, what was missing IMO was a break in the wall between 'establishment' and We, the People.

I do still want to take some time and talk with you on things. Life has been, bluntly, nucking futs of late, and now I can actually see some light (that doesn't sound like an oncoming train).

Support in the primaries, to my mind, is somewhat separate from the vote. We should all support the very best candidates for the long run, but for the DINOs, we need to get the old guard out of the way, too.

As for Steve Wyatt, I'm having trouble factoring him, since he hasn't returned my email. If you could help in that, I'd appreciate it.

I'll PM you my contact information, and we'll try to find some time to talk??

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Well, since they're all "at-large" seats within the district, there's really no one-on-one correlation.

As a D :::gag::: I will at the very least be voting for Chang and Dove in the primary. Not sure about the 3d vote, yet. I do know it won't be going to the incumbents, unless the others turn out to be complete leftist warthogs.

As Matlack said, though, we need to find ways to support the best 3 OVERALL, whomever they turn out to be.

FULL DISCLOSURE: I've been focusing on removing the current crop in the primary, so I've not yet delved into the R side of things.

DINO has two purposes:

I will try to respond to both posts quickly. Haides is correct that the goal of the DINO strategy is to remove bad dems in any district. The main goal however is to remove really bad dems and replace them with someone better who will be on our side. I actually like this strategy, but there is very little to no leadership to direct people on who to vote for. Without that the whole point is lost. Which in reality it is.

Now how that plays into D32. In D32 there is the opportunity to win a good person, a republican can win this seat this year, who will be on our side. Now to Mr. H, the heir apparent in D32 to replace Mary Ann Love is Mark Chang. I know what he has said, I know what he has done, I also know what he claims. There is a reason Mark Chang is the heir apparent. There is a reason he is actively working closer with Ted & Pam than any of the other democrat candidates. Mark has worked, or currently is still working, for Ed DeGrange. If you vote for Mark you are literally voting for another Ed DeGrange. No one on this board should like Ed DeGrange, if you do you dont understand just exactly what he did to us with SB281. He was the lone vote that could have prevented that bill from leaving the committee. The DINO choices in D32 are Dove Spencer, Tanja McCoy, and Steven Wyatt. Steven Wyatt would be the conservative D we would want. All 3 of them can be defeated by a republican. If you do you research you will see all the red flags about Mark Chang and why you do not want to vote for him. He is a wolf in sheeps clothing. He actively argues along side of Pam and Tedd during public forums. His volunteers are almost entirely Ed DeGranges. He even changed his signs to look just like Ed DeGranges and he is getting all of Ed's sign locations. Mark is not a DINO, even though he once ran as a republican. Even when he ran in 2006 as a republican he was donating money to Ed DeGrange, and has been for the last 8 years, and he works for him.

Anyone thinking of voting for Ted Sophocleus, remember this. He is in failing health and if he retires or dies in office the democratic central committee will choose his replacement. I doubt they will have our best of interests in mind when they select his replacement.

Just to clarify, DO NOT VOTE FOR MARK CHANG!!!, if you are voting DINO then vote for Dove Spencer, Tanja McCoy, and Steven Wyatt. Hopefully Steven Wyatt is the third person. Actually, I would suggest single voting for Steven Wyatt in the primary. If he wins it is the best case primary scenario for our district.

Republican side I like Tim Walters, Joe Fioravante, and Mark Angell. After speaking with everyone, Tim is my favorite all around candidate. I think he can win the 3rd seat and he is on our side. Joe and Mark are both on our side, but they have their difficulties with public speaking. Tim is very personable, something we have been missing.

Last EDIT: I am a political junky, I live in this district and know most of the candidates personally. I could go on for hours and hours about it. If you come to the Glen Burnie parade and help with Tim, Joe or Mark I could talk your ear off about this. I will literally be ashamed if no one else from this board helps one of these 3 guys. They really are our best chance of taking back this district. This is our year. You all need to get up and stop just complaining. Come help these guys if you really want to see a change. If you dont give a rats behind then stay home and bitch and moan some more. After what happened last year I truly hope to see some of you out there helping.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Thanks for that...

It's all worth factoring in.

The thing is, we still have a couple weeks, at least, to sort this all out.

The fact that there is no "voter's guide" for 32 yet doesn't concern me as much as the fact that some of the folks you mention as possible choices aren't responding to communication, and I always see that as a red flag.

Once we have all this to put in the pot, then we can really boil it down. But since the vote isn't tomorrow, we can still breathe a bit.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Thanks for that...

It's all worth factoring in.

The thing is, we still have a couple weeks, at least, to sort this all out.

The fact that there is no "voter's guide" for 32 yet doesn't concern me as much as the fact that some of the folks you mention as possible choices aren't responding to communication, and I always see that as a red flag.

Once we have all this to put in the pot, then we can really boil it down. But since the vote isn't tomorrow, we can still breathe a bit.

What I will say is this, come out to the parade on Sunday. Its literally starts down the road from you at Corkran Middle School on Quarterfield. People start arriving at 12 and it kicks off at 2pm. You can walk along and talk to the candidates that arent responding before the parade starts. Then if you want you can help in the parade. Either way you can come out and speak with all the candidates. I expect all of them will be there. I know Mark C., Steven, Pam, Ted, Tim, Joe, and Mark A. will be. I believe Tanja and Dove skipped the Ferndale so I dont know if they will be there. If you want to come and have a place to meet just PM me and I will tell you roughly where we will be meeting for the parade and what vehicle I will have with me, I am volunteering in the parade BTW.

Mr H

Banana'd
    In Post 36 I am running a list of the responses I've been getting from the D candidates (with as little commentary as I can), for informational purposes.

Here, I will do the same with Rs, as I receive responses.

The questions again, for reference:
    1. Please summarize in a few sentences your position on the proper role of State Government under the US and Maryland Constitutions.

2. As a property owner, I am interested in your position on the so-called "Rain Tax", and why you feel it is/is not appropriate.

3. Do you support the Firearms Safety Act of 2013? Please provide an explanation of your position.

4. Do you believe Marylanders have a natural right to self-protection, and if so would that right include the carry of concealed firearms outside the home?

5. Will you support or oppose the planned referendum to repeal the "Fairness" bill (aka "Bathroom Bill"). Again, a brief explanation would be helpful.

5/15 8:15Am

From Jesse Mayer
    Good morning Sir,

Congratulations on becoming a grandfather! I am very fortunate to have both of mine still in my life, and treasure the wisdom and experience that they have shared with me over my lifetime. You've asked some great questions and I am really happy to answer them!

1. The role of state government, in my personal opinion, is to get back to its purpose of protecting and serving the people. For far too long have both sides profited off of Marylanders. I intend on serving with an iron foundation that will keep the will of the people in my sight.

2. I am not a property owner. However, I do know that the Bay is directly effected by 6 states and 1400 square miles of land. Each governor was given the ability to decide how they will do their part to clean up the Chesapeake. This has failed. The rain tax is another name for the storm water fee, which we already have. The money isn't being dedicated to go where it needs. I believe that we need to create an inter state committee that will take charge of organizing and managing the cleanup between each of the states involved.

3.The firearm's act had some good, and some bad (just like every bill). I do not support it. With the number of illegal immigrants and the increasing level of crime, restricting law abiding citizens so much can create dangerous situations where we are unable to protect ourselves. It takes up to 8 minutes for an officer to get to my apartment, it will take me 6 seconds to empty my Baretta Nano. A criminal will find a way to get a weapon, as they do not follow the law anyway. It's intent was to cut down on crime, but it has done very little, if anything at all in that area.

4. I believe that we have natural rights for life, liberty, and the pursuit of our own happiness. If anyone infringes on your liberty or violates the right to your life, you should be able to defend yourself. When my fiance gets out of work at 11pm (she's a sports reporter) and is on the way to her car, I want her to be able to defend herself if someone comes at her in the parking lot.

5. This bill was crucified by Republicans. While I do believe that everyone deserves equal rights under the constitution, there should be a specific point for public accommodation (post gender reassignment surgery, legally the other gender). I'm not a huge fan of some guy walking into the bathroom when my fiance is in there. It does protect against discrimination in regards to housing, employment, leasing, and that I support as those should be extended to every law abiding citizen.

Have a wonderful week!

Jesse Mayer
    Candidate - District 32

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Read the caption, maybe I'm reading too much into it but they're treating old Ted like he's gone already.

Attachments

• image-4260988331.jpg
      image-4260988331.jpg
      80.9 KB · Views: 80

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom