• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Ed, I only met you once, and it was in passing, but I know that the earth will be a poorer place without you. I hope you are able to pull out of this, but if my hopes aren't answered, that you are peaceful in the coming weeks.

Inspector1489

Ultimate Member
    May 27, 2016
    FL panhandle
    Ed,
    Even though we've never met, reading through the many posts inspired me to add my voice to the choir.
    May the love and respect of your many friends lift your spirits and ease your pain.
    God bless you Ed.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Ed, thinking of you once again my friend. Talking with Patriots about how you have made a difference and been a leader for freedom.

Godspeed my brother.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Joining Eric and a two other long-time friends from MDS, I was so grateful to get a chance to visit with Ed last night.

Ed and I were texting regularly last week, and we coordinated two different visits with friends that he requested to see. We knew time was of the essence. In the time after Ed and I texted to make these arrangements last week, he transitioned to heavier sedation for his comfort so our texting has fallen away now. He is mostly in and out of "twilight" now.

With his family's help, he had arranged for food and beer for us just like any other hangout! We sat with him and recounted great memories of our days together. We talked a bit about my victory in court Tuesday, and updated him on our Westminster event coming up. Ed even grabbed the TV clicker to put up his favorite Patriot Picket video from his famous EL1227 Video Vault.

When it came time to toast Ed's many accomplishments as a Maryland Freedom Fighter, Ed joined us in a round a beer that he was able to partake through his feeding tube. We laughed, we cried a little bit. And we each told Ed how much we loved him.

When the moment arrived to say "so long", Ed shook my hand with his famous iron grip. I kissed him on the head and told him again "Ed, I love you buddy", and he responded "I love you, too".

There will be a big hole in my heart for a long time when he has gone to be with God, but my life has been so immensely blessed knowing Ed Leary. He wanted me to tell you guys how much he loves you and how much your friendship on MDS has meant to him.

smkranz

Certified Caveman
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2013
    Carroll County
    I regret not being active in the Patriot Picket long enough to have gotten to know Ed. But as he himself has written way back at the beginning of this thread, "We are all one in the Lord, and he will hear your prayers." I believe that as well, and trust that our prayers have been helpful to his and his family's comfort.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Joining Eric and a two other long-time friends from MDS, I was so grateful to get a chance to visit with Ed last night.

Ed and I were texting regularly last week, and we coordinated two different visits with friends that he requested to see. We knew time was of the essence. In the time after Ed and I texted to make these arrangements last week, he transitioned to heavier sedation for his comfort so our texting has fallen away now. He is mostly in and out of "twilight" now.

With his family's help, he had arranged for food and beer for us just like any other hangout! We sat with him and recounted great memories of our days together. We talked a bit about my victory in court Tuesday, and updated him on our Westminster event coming up. Ed even grabbed the TV clicker to put up his favorite Patriot Picket video from his famous EL1227 Video Vault.

When it came time to toast Ed's many accomplishments as a Maryland Freedom Fighter, Ed joined us in a round a beer that he was able to partake through his feeding tube. We laughed, we cried a little bit. And we each told Ed how much we loved him.

When the moment arrived to say "so long", Ed shook my hand with his famous iron grip. I kissed him on the head and told him again "Ed, I love you buddy", and he responded "I love you, too".

There will be a big hole in my heart for a long time when he has gone to be with God, but my life has been so immensely blessed knowing Ed Leary. He wanted me to tell you guys how much he loves you and how much your friendship on MDS has meant to him.

That’s awesome. I have tears in my eyes.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    I'm sure many of us of a certain age remember the Reader's Digest section, "My Most Unforgettable Character" or something to that effect. Well, when I met and got to know Ed, he became one of those people for me. I met Ed on the bricks in Annapolis back in 2012, and stood with him during open holster rallies as well as carrying sign boards back in the day.

Most of us have had the experience of meeting someone who impresses us, and Ed touched me deeply with his commitment to our mutual cause, as well as his humanity and compassion. I never heard him utter a harsh or unkind word, even as we confronted the face of evil as politicians worked to deprive us of our rights.

As time passed, we'd bump into each other at 2A functions, and would occasionally exchange emails, and I was always impressed with his depth of knowledge of our cause and its history, as well as his dedication to fighting for it.

Later, as he evolved into the media guru for the Patriot Pickett, even more of his dedication and previously hidden talents were revealed as he produced so many incredibly high quality videos that captured, and explained, the stories of the PP as it confronted the forces that were, and are aligned against 2A in Maryland.

I am honored to have been invited to visit with him yesterday, and to meet his lovely and amazing wife and family, as well as a bunch of dedicated friends who are gathered to provide as much love, support and comfort as is humanly possible during the time that Ed has left. We should all be as lucky, and blessed, to be surrounded by so many loving and caring people as we progress to the next phase of our soul's existence. As R&R said, he still had a wonderfully firm and warm handshake, and even though his physical body might not be as strong as it once was, all of his love and humanity is still in that handshake. I will remember that for a long time.

It is truly an honor to have known Ed, and it will be up to us to build on his efforts and honor his memory as we continue to fight for a better world, and a freer Maryland. He will leave an amazing legacy.

Godspeed, my friend.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC

While I do not know him personally, I consider Ed a friend, as I consider each and every member of this forum a friend.

The world will be a lesser place without him. We are all better for having known him in any way.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Mr. Ed...

I'm glad you mentioned the sign boards!! There were several who wore them as-needed, and I applaud them all!

Ed was one of my first MDS acquaintances... but he quickly became a friend. Even before we drove the mass-advocacy in 2013 (and beyond), he was there with us. I consider him a key person in getting the message out to the literally thousands we turned out in 2013 and 2014, and his help later with the PP.

On the streets, in the halls, you name it. He has been someone we should all aspire to be, for his devotion to the cause and dedication to getting the message out.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    That’s awesome. I have tears in my eyes.

Got some dust in my eyes just reading this again. You hit all the high spots Rack, there’ll be a big hole in the MDS when Ed is gone. Still praying for you buddy and your family. From all the comments from everyone it seems like I’ve known you a long time instead of just knowing about you. May God give you the peace you deserve my friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom