• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TimGB

Jul 10, 2011
    ha, I went there on Saturday 25th and it was almost empty with 4 or 5 guys which was unusual on a Saturday at OT. I asked the guy behind the counter why it was so empty and he said who would like to be inside when the weather was so nice. Now I can connect the dots.

Yeah I was there Saturday early afternoon also and my friend and I had the whole right side if the range to ourselves for a short while. I think it was a combination of weather and it being the holiday weekend with people traveling or cooking out.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

suptier

Feb 2, 2012
    Yep and probably the Tuesday's incident as well contributed.

Yeah I was there Saturday early afternoon also and my friend and I had the whole right side if the range to ourselves for a short while. I think it was a combination of weather and it being the holiday weekend with people traveling or cooking out.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Yeti Poacher

Dec 11, 2012
    Hunt Valley
    Went to Continental (Timonium) yesterday - site of an unfortunate event several months back. Took a buddy of mine who knows nothing about firearms. Also - while there two older women showed up with their HG's and in the course of their range day, the RSO spent time with them showing them how to safely operate their firearms.

I took two novice friends to Continental some weeks ago. I gave them a safety brief and was happy with the RSO. She was nice and helpful in offering additional advice to them.

She definitely kept her eyes on them as did I. I feel comfortable shooting there.

Safety is the primary responsibility of the firearm operator but I think facilities, being a business, have an obligation to make the range safe for everyone visiting. This means having an RSO.

TitanBry77

Jan 22, 2013
    Odenton, MD
    I'm curious on this as well. I typically shoot there every other weekend and I just said last time I was there to the person I went with that the place was getting just way too lax for me.

The entire hour I was there, the range officer wasn't on the range once, there were some very young fellows there (which is fine) but they clearly told the person at check in they'd never shot before and still no one patrolled the range, and honestly I felt very unsafe next to them as well as my buddy and we decided to pack it up and leave.

We are going to try MSAR and see how that is, regardless if the incident was self inflicted or not, last few times I've been there, I've not been too happy with the lax guidelines.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Has this been 'sanitized'???

I am still finding no information in the past week on this.

Is it starting to smell like it was someone of note????

Seen nothing more either. Most suicides are quietly swept under the rug so it's not surprising. The media only likes to jump sensational deaths, not the mundane ones.

l730dc

Mar 6, 2013
    Kent Island, MD
    I'm curious on this as well. I typically shoot there every other weekend and I just said last time I was there to the person I went with that the place was getting just way too lax for me.

The entire hour I was there, the range officer wasn't on the range once, there were some very young fellows there (which is fine) but they clearly told the person at check in they'd never shot before and still no one patrolled the range, and honestly I felt very unsafe next to them as well as my buddy and we decided to pack it up and leave.

We are going to try MSAR and see how that is, regardless if the incident was self inflicted or not, last few times I've been there, I've not been too happy with the lax guidelines.

I goto msar.. and I love it.. great facility. . But if you left on target because they are too "lax" .. msar is not for you..

Mr H

Banana'd
    last few times I've been there, I've not been too happy with the lax guidelines.

You may call it "lax", but I find their attention to be respectful of the shooter, with as-needed attention to the ones who are presenting a potential problem. They do a very good job of staying back and letting the experienced shooters go about their business.

The best thing to do, IMO, is simply do what you know to be right, and if anyone from the staff comes on the line, there's a reason for it... so keep an eye to them in case instructions are coming.

As for a constant RSO presence??? You have one at all times--it's you. If you feel the need to have staff involved? Say something then. Don't wait to tell the internet.

reckless1911

Nov 19, 2012
    Odenton
    I goto msar.. and I love it.. great facility. . But if you left on target because they are too "lax" .. msar is not for you..

lol def not.... I was shooting in one of the riffle ranges there for like an hour all alone one Saturday afternoon. Nobody ever came in or out.... scared to think what could have happened and even how long it would have taken for someone to come in afterwards.

ofofhy

Jan 27, 2013
    Balto City
    Just a simple question, did you inform the RSO that they were acting in an unsafe manner? Or at least making you feel unsafe?

mdiom

Sep 7, 2012
    Abingdon
    lol def not.... I was shooting in one of the riffle ranges there for like an hour all alone one Saturday afternoon. Nobody ever came in or out.... scared to think what could have happened and even how long it would have taken for someone to come in afterwards.

Same thing happened to me one time there but I don't mind that.... It's when your completely surrounded by that huge group of people that are obviously new to shooting that worries me.

TitanBry77

Jan 22, 2013
    Odenton, MD
    I absolutely said something and went and got the rso, no way I wouldn't just leave and not bring it to attention. Accidents can happen anywhere and they very well may be paying attention but compared to a year or so ago it seems different. It could just very well be its more crowded with new shooters and such.

l730dc

Mar 6, 2013
    Kent Island, MD
    Fyi.. msar has ammo in about every caliber. . 1 box limit though..
    I normally offer to buy a box for another shooter if they buy me a box that way we can get more than 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom