Remembering Ledo's and Jerry's before they were chains.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    Red Door Country Store, DRINK! :D On my list of guaranteed places to get beer at age 15 in MoCo, ahem, so I heard :innocent0 - Red Door, 6-Twelve Olney, 6-Twelve Burnt Mills down Rt 29 from Four Corners, and pre-college and during college - Tick Tock at Riggs & University Blvd, and Lasicks. This was in the 80's.
    Close but not Red Door....

sht4fun

Mar 19, 2017
    There used to be a Montgomery Ward store in Wheaton Plaza. I bought a CB radio there. CBs was a good way to get warning of speed traps on highways where there were a lot of truckers.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    New Hampshire Open Air Market. NH Ave just north of the District line (well, maybe a half mile). Great fresh produce, great prices, great mixed clientele.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    There used to be a Montgomery Ward store in Wheaton Plaza. I bought a CB radio there. CBs was a good way to get warning of speed traps on highways where there were a lot of truckers.

You mean "Monkey Ward" right?

Biff_N

Jan 7, 2010
    When I was in Northwood High school, there was a Gino's in four corners.

What year did you graduate? I would have been in the class of 87, had the county school board seen the light and not closed the school in 85. Funny thing is they reopen it 20 years later and but change the mascot to be politically correct.

Biff_N

Jan 7, 2010
    I'm assuming this was a the same Tick Tock I used to get liquor at on the way to UMD parties, yes? Didn't know it was originally a restaurant. I think its gone now, no?

I can't recall if they closed or not but the owners got tied up in the scandal that sent the former PG county exec and his wife to jail. I suspect their liquor license was pulled.

Everyone I knew back in the day was aware that Tick Tock was open til 1:45am as a last option for more beer. I can't think of how many kegs we picked up there over the years.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Yep on Dale set back from the corner at Wayne Ave. I drove up Wayne a few weeks back and didn't think to look over that way.

I remember the old Montgomery Blair on Wayne Ave. Went to Blair for my senior year. For 3 years went to a private boarding academy in Fletcher, NC 25 miles south of Ashville. $$$ ran out so came home and went to Blair. I remember Erters as well. Went that way about 5 months ago and they were still their then. Its a shame the autotourm opps typo dragon got me good at the old Blair is now closed due to water damage. Would cost around 4 million to rehab it. Also does anyone remember Wilies Ice Cream Parlor on 193 their in Langley Park? I know i made a few runs to Tic Toc for my late night beer runs as well.

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    I think the Beall family owned/operated a sports bar on Greenbelt Road where the SECU bank is now. Went there often and had beer and "Ledos" pizza. Anyone remember the name of the place?

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    That would have been Tick Tock when the building was right on the road at the corner.

I think they are closed, some undercover stuff was goin on :innocent0

when I worked nights that would be my first place before heading home, the
    wine-no's would be out front waiting for it to open, they would run in and
    grab their bottle, smack it a few times, "I missed you baby" pay for it and
    out the door they went. Fixed food in the place some wasn't that bad...

-Rock

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    Remember when "County Boy" was in Wheaton across from Dunken Donuts on Georgia Ave, As I recall they weren't
    fussey about ID's ,So I heard
    Then a quick stop by the Club LT (Little Tavern) for a bag of"Death Balls" What a Friday night.

MikeofMD

May 14, 2016
    MoCO
    I remember Jerry's in the early 70s in Wheaton. Was there every Saturday. Their Steak, Egg and Cheese was my favorite. Roast Beef was also very good. Don't remember them having pizza in those days. It was just a hole in the wall that had a big following, always busy. Ledos in Hyattsville is still there and seems to be a different recipe of pizza than the chain.

JMintzer

Hoarding Douche Waffle
    Mar 17, 2009
    SW MoCo/Free FL (when I can)
    I remember Jerry's in the early 70s in Wheaton. Was there every Saturday. Their Steak, Egg and Cheese was my favorite. Roast Beef was also very good. Don't remember them having pizza in those days. It was just a hole in the wall that had a big following, always busy. Ledos in Hyattsville is still there and seems to be a different recipe of pizza than the chain.

Ledo's in Hyattsville has been closed for decades...

I used to go to lunch @ Jerry's when I was in HS. Steak and Cheese w/Pizza Sauce...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom