• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    I miss the Pizza Oven and the mexican restaurant there across from Wood.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    funny. lolol. Had some friends from that side of 28. wifey and I graduated in 84. The Thompson twins were in our class from Flower Valley. Their dad owned Bish Thompsons. He gave them matching red camaros for their birthday. A lot of my friends though through St. Jude went to Belt and Peary. We used to go through FV and eff up mailboxes until they started to surround them with rook-like towers :)

Also, wifey told me recently that one of the shop teachers from RHS killed himself and his former RHS teacher wife earlier this year?

Also, had Mr. Keegan for English. He actually retired from Blake or Bu-LAK-aay HS and moved north. He is actually conservative. lol..

The shop teacher you are reffering too is the one that i mentioned in my earlier post. Its sad what happened to him, he inspired hundreds of teenage boys that passed through his shop class. He was a great mentor.

I miss the Pizza Oven and the mexican restaurant there across from Wood.

Man i forgot about those places! I worked at the Exxon station for 2.5 years. I carried the stack of cash and coin changer and worked the pumps. I can still make change in my head faster than anyone i know...lol

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I used to work at Carvel for a year or two. I had friends that worked at that Pizza Oven, we would trade ice cream and shakes for pizza.

I miss Norbeck Deli and the Pizza Oven. That shopping center was my hangout in the mid '70s. We'd bum money every day(sometimes 10 or more of us) until we had enough to buy a 1/4 keg. Then we'd head across the street or to 'Charlie Brown's' and drink it on up.

:beer:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Man i forgot about those places! I worked at the Exxon station for 2.5 years. I carried the stack of cash and coin changer and worked the pumps. I can still make change in my head faster than anyone i know...lol

No doubt you pumped the old man's gas then.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    I believe that mexican restaurant was called Poncho Villa. Saw Halloween II at that movie theater there. Damn.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    My kids go to school there now. Well, in the building, at least. It's a pretty nice place now, now that they've basically gutted and rebuilt it. ;)

They saved that school. I know the head master and his wife. They are old customers of mine. Very good people. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom