Does anyone hold a MD DL but reside in DC?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    I don't know what circumstances you may be referring or alluding to but its really nothing unusual where I reside. If you have something to say, say it. Registering a firearm in DC without actually being a resident could be problematic. I bet they may want residency, likewise you may also stand a greater risk of running into trouble with a MD drivers license that doesn't line up with the actual address of the individual especially when wanting to register a firearm. I wouldn't bank on a lease agreement for insurance especially if the weapon may be used for personal defense. Personally I wouldn't go through the trouble or spend the money if I was already a Md resident, just jump on a train or drive.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Pardon me, I interpreted your quoting me as being a concern for posting possible illegality on a public forum. Even though the writer has more than likely determined the best way to proceed in regard to his original question I merely included information that may have been informative to the OP for decision making purposes only. If he wants to reside in DC and then attempt to register a fire arm with a MD address good luck to him. Maybe he may enjoy success and we all can learn something from that. Furthermore, as of this point in the conversation it seems as if the OP has nothing more to offer that is either informative or cumulative to the original question. As so much for substantiating possible illegality, I am personally appalled that someone would think my post was written to encourage anything of an illegal nature or be poorly written in a way that would demonstrate stupidity on my own behalf. It is also not my intent to disparage others or offer information that is not well thought out or solid that can be backed up by more than one published resource or positively supported by personal experience and not speculative without clearly stating such.
    Regards, Brian

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    pardon me Brian, i did not say you intended anything. My post was in response to the OP. I didn't quote you did I? I simply pointed out a possible problem.

to wit

why post possible illegality on a public forum?
    just because i posted after yours doesn't mean i was responding to you does it?

go have another cup of coffee and chill.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Roger that, believe me no possibility of any problems exist even though the concept may seem unusual to an individual who has not been subject to the condition. Those that share residences in other border states such as Texas and New Mexico may be subject to a similar environment where the line is contested regionally but for administrative purposes you have to fall in somewhere. I know what its like where I live and follow the rules established by the authorities accordingly and pay land taxes to the state of Md. No special amenities here for any purpose whatsoever, were all in the same boat in many respects being partners in the same state. I don't drink coffee, but have enjoyed the conversation nonetheless. Enjoy your day with the exception of the elevated temperatures.
    Brian

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Back in post #4 I stated this was a troll thread and I still believe that to be true.

I tend to agree.

Just throwing this out there, I really care not one way or the other, but as a Maryland resident who has a carry permit for DC I had to register the firearm(s) that I will be carrying while in the District. No issues, first one was gratis, second one was $13.

nmyers

Jul 9, 2016
    "Emily Gets Her Gun" by Emily Miller, a Washington Post reporter, is a good read; it details the great lengths that DC government officials will go to, in order to discourage residents from obtaining guns, especially handguns. I suspect that, with a MD DL, they will do nothing to help you. If you object, you will be told, "sue us". Forget the Heller decision, DC officials believe that they can do whatever they want.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Some folks go to college and live in one state and go to school in another without changing residences. I've met several people from New Jersey and Maryland while attending various Virginia colleges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom