• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Law abiding citizens carry illegally in Maryland will become a special project for Maryland prosecutors.

They will nip that activity in the bud post haste.

We will not receive the customary wrist slap that the criminal element receives.

Harsh and message sending sentences will be imposed.

Not BGOS, but truth.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Law abiding citizens carry illegally in Maryland will become a special project for Maryland prosecutors.

They will nip that activity in the bud post haste.

We will not receive the customary wrist slap that the criminal element receives.

Harsh and message sending sentences will be imposed.

Not BGOS, but truth.

Its a Misd in MD. I've passed off TONS (well at least 5..let me not get crazy) of arrests of handguns to PG County cops. Whats a harsh and message sending sentence for a Misd? Fine not to exceed 1K and less then 1 yr in jail..........WHICH NO ONE EVER GETS!!!

The few I've gone to trial for only one got charged a felony and that's because the gun in question was stolen and unlike D.C. you don't need need to prove they knew it was stolen, only that the gun in question was stolen.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Its a Misd in MD. I've passed off TONS (well at least 5..let me not get crazy) of arrests of handguns to PG County cops. Whats a harsh and message sending sentence for a Misd? Fine not to exceed 1K and less then 1 yr in jail..........WHICH NO ONE EVER GETS!!!

The few I've gone to trial for only one got charged a felony and that's because the gun in question was stolen and unlike D.C. you don't need need to prove they knew it was stolen, only that the gun in question was stolen.

Thank you for taking the time to post this.

Always good to hear from folks who work inside the system.

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County

im fairly certain part of FSA2013 made the maximum penalty 3 years and a max fine of 2500, which in MD a misd with a max of 2 or more years=removal of gun rights, regardless of sentence.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    im fairly certain part of FSA2013 made the maximum penalty 3 years and a max fine of 2500, which in MD a misd with a max of 2 or more years=removal of gun rights, regardless of sentence.

Your right but it also says 250 dollar fine and 30 days in jail. Regardless it's still a Misd and I personally have never seen anyone eat even a year for their first pistol charge. Now the gun rights thing would suck.

People here thing honest gun owners who get busted get 100x worse sentences then 3 time crack dealers but there is NO EVIDENCE to back that up.

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    Your right but it also says 250 dollar fine and 30 days in jail. Regardless it's still a Misd and I personally have never seen anyone eat even a year for their first pistol charge.

sadly the folks who carry without a permit are usually least worried about a unlawfully carrying charge.

the way i would get caught is i would accidentally print while in line at chipotle and the LEO behind me notices and asks to see my carry permit. at this point i have a feeling the book would be thrown at me. so then the only way to restore gun rights in this state would be to sue the state, saying that not only is their law against carry unconstitutional, but the punishment for carrying without permission is unconstitutional (removal of all 2A rights).

the arguement is correct, but no judge will uphold what is correct.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    If I've not mistaken,that misdemeanor charge in MD will force firearms ownership forfeiture if convicted.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Misdemeanor, but with possible 3yrs. Nobody actually recieves three years, but it triggers prohibited person status, loss of all guns, and ability to own guns. FSA 2013 now applies "what the penalty would have been in Maryland" to offenses in other states, even if the penalty is less there.

Also is supposed to have min 30 days , but this would only be an issue for otherwise law abiding people . For actual criminals , it would get bargined away to make a deal on their actual crimes.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    And they knew exactly what they were doing when they wrote the law.

They wanted to make damn sure law abiding citizens didn't dare carry without a permit.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    If they were shall issue, then much of this crap would go away. If they won't let you legally carry, how much more exposure do you have if you obtain the gun illegally as well? not enough to deter the folks who value their own lives as well as their family's and live in the crime infested cess pool created by liberal politicians,

If citizens could legally CARRY, then they would REGISTER their guns.

They will never get it.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    There is nothing to compel them to get it.

Not right. Not wrong. Not common sense. Not decency. Absolutely not reality.

They are self righteous, sanctimonious narcissists.

That condition is typically terminal...cannot be cured.

Shame is, that death comes to those folks mostly in natural ways given their financial, social and political status.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Folks who live, work or must travel through many of our urban areas already realize that they are in a SHTF scenario. The current gun and drug laws are thrown out the window in these areas.

Clowns like Bloomberg and Frosh preach gun control as a solution as they stand behind their armed protective servicemen.

Police are lined up and sent into these areas to make token arrests and to "show the public" that decades of failed leadership are "making a difference".

We are fortunate in this great country to have our right to own and carry guns written into our nation's constitution. This is probably the only reason our urban areas do not collapse into gorilla warfare as seen in other nations.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Can one of our lawyer members answer this:

Say you are carrying illegally, and have to shoot in self defense. For the sake of argument say the self defense was a clean shot. Would only the illegal weapon charge stick or could you also get convicted of homicide?

T'Challa

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 24, 2013
    Wakanda
    Can one of our lawyer members answer this:

Say you are carrying illegally, and have to shoot in self defense. For the sake of argument say the self defense was a clean shot. Would only the illegal weapon charge stick or could you also get convicted of homicide?

My thought is that you would get convicted for the illegal possession and may get off on the homicide... see Bernard Getz case in NYC back int he 80's.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    So if a good guy carry illegally, are they still a good guy? Seems to me that if you are committing a crime, you are a criminal.
    Seems to me if you are enforcing an unconstitutional law you are...... Well nevermind.

If the law is not constitutional you are not actually committing a crime no matter what they tell you in the police academy.

The law of the land remains COTUS for the time being.

Is the 2A a God given/natural right or is it not?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom