• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RCH

Will work for ammo.
    Mar 18, 2007
    PG County
    Councilman Grosso reaches either a new level of pandering or 9th level master of DERP:

http://www.davidgrosso.org/grosso-a...council-resolution-to-implement-police-reform

This is unbelievable... he calls for an end to the senseless killings by police of Philandro Castile, Alton Sterling, Walter Scott, Tamir Rice, Freddie Gray, Sandra Bland(??... hung herself), Michael Brown (shot while attacking the responding officer), and Trayvon Martin (not shot by a cop...). He then demands the District to study and improve MPD policies and practices to prevent violence against the citizens of the District, even though only 17 people (notes that 16 were African American) have been fatally shot in the District in the past 3.5 years (but gives no details why) and admits that the District has not seen the level of police shootings seen in other cities in the country.

“I am tired of standing by and simply offering my condolences every time another person has been fatally shot,” Grosso said. “Violence is not a solution to our problems. We must proactively examine our policies to reduce the use of violence as a solution to conflicts.”

For those serving with honor as a Metropolitan Police Officer, you have my condolences for having to endure this stupidity.

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC
    More on Councilmember David Grosso:

D.C. Council Member: ‘My Staff Won’t Let Me Tell You…Police Shouldn’t Have Guns’

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...nt-let-me-tell-you-police-shouldnt-have-guns/

A District of Columbia Council member has feelings about guns that his staff doesn’t like him to share much: He doesn’t want police to carry them.

My staff won’t let me tell you that I think we oughta get rid of guns in the city and that police shouldn’t have guns so I’m not gonna tell you that,” D.C. Council Member at large David Grosso said.

I don’t think it would be too much to ask if we kinda hit the pause button in a tough situation and bring someone in who is trained even more extensively on how to properly use a handgun – or any gun in the situation – than everyday officers.”

Disarm the police? If this guy had his way that would happen and, not just in DC.

Remember, this was the same councilmember that wanted to give direct public access to the personal information of people with DC concealed carry permits.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    More on Councilmember David Grosso:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...nt-let-me-tell-you-police-shouldnt-have-guns/

Disarm the police? If this guy had his way that would happen and, not just in DC.

Remember, this was the same councilmember that wanted to give direct public access to the personal information of people with DC concealed carry permits.

I can't say what I'm thinking but I don't know how this man got elected at large. I mean this man has never seen or known racism in his life.

A lot of guys are really upset at his portrayal of us and our actions.

Your well educated and informed man sir

IJM

Ultimate Member
    Apr 7, 2012
    District of Columbia
    Two observations:

First, David Grosso is a moron. He lives in my neighborhood, and most of us here think he's ineffectual at best. He's turned a blind eye when asked to help with episodes of violent crime in our neighborhood just steps from his house. Worse, the only competition he has in November is from someone who's even more wacky than he is, which is hard to believe.

Second, for all the issues with crime and other problems in the District, MPD has a pretty damn good reputation about not going overboard on tactics. Most of the criticisms lie at the feet of the chief, mayor, and council.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom