• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mesmithwesson

Jan 8, 2013
    Yup. Or the rest can be given back to Maryland as a, perhaps, better alternative. The heart of the issue is that the vast majority of the District outside the downtown federal/business area is residential and not related at all to the US Government. Regular people just happen to live there.

No, no, no, no, no!

Restore D.C.!

The borders of DC should be restored to what they were before the Retrocession. That should take out a lot of the Dem vote in VA. Remove Arlington, Alexandria, Reston, and Falls Church from VA and return them to DC. That should remove about 400,000 Dems.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    No, no, no, no, no!

Restore D.C.!

The borders of DC should be restored to what they were before the Retrocession. That should take out a lot of the Dem vote in VA. Remove Arlington, Alexandria, Reston, and Falls Church from VA and return them to DC. That should remove about 400,000 Dems.

The denizens of those areas would never buy it. VA is a tax haven compared to DC.

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC
    I am interested in more information to this claim. Can you provide some details to your claim?

Senate Passes D.C. Voting Rights Bill, 61-37

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/02/26/senate-passes-dc-voting-rights-bill-61-37/?_r=0

Victory for gun-control advocates as Dems kill DC voting rights bill

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/04/20/no-dc-voting-rights-this-congressional-session/

House Democratic leaders have killed a bill that would have given Washington, DC a voting representative in Congress because the measure included a provision that would have wiped out the District's strict gun laws.

IJM

Ultimate Member
    Apr 7, 2012
    District of Columbia
    No, no, no, no, no!

Restore D.C.!

Falls Church was never part of the District. Reston, really?

Mr H

Banana'd
    Drop Anne Arundel and Charles (Fauquier is questionable), and this is the closest I've found for the State of Columbia.

Attachments

• columbia.gif
      columbia.gif
      17.8 KB · Views: 87

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    I have a great idea. We let them become their own state, but deny that state entry to the union. We get rid of Millions of useless liberals, and a big win for America !!!

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I don't agree with either point-giving DC statehood or annexing it to MD. We have enough dysfunction in Annapolis without adding the steaming pile of DC govt to us.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/local/wp/2015/08/17/donald-trump-a-friend-of-d-c-the-state/

Donald-go read Aticle I Section 8 of the COTUS again and get back to us.

or not.

Never said I liked everything he speaks of..
    I'm just going to do the Pelosi routine, gotta vote for him to see what we get..:lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom