• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockwelll

Nov 25, 2017
    Baltimore, MD
    Which gun ranges can I used 00 Buckshot. I just bought a Stevens 320 for my first gun on Black Friday and I received 2 boxes of Buckshot. Most of the ranges I looked up only allow slugs.

I did see a thread here about the same question but it was from 3 years ago and you guys said continental. I would like to know if this is still true. Thanks.

Pay2Play

Jul 3, 2008
    Gambrills
    Maryland Small Arms in PG County allows the use of buckshot. I’ve never been to Continental, so I’m not sure about them.

rockwelll

Nov 25, 2017
    Baltimore, MD
    Yeah. I live in Baltimore so I'm pretty much in the middle and able to go to mostly all of them. Continental makes it seem like their range is for only Pistols. The way they say "Continental Arms Indoor Pistol Range" on their website.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Yes, Continental is 00 Buck only. Shot some there just a few weeks ago.

JKrew

Jul 2, 2008
    It is a bit of a drive for some people, but Delmarva Sporting Clays closer to the eastern shore is a great range that has allowed buckshot.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    It’s been a while but I have shot OO at Freestate

rockwelll

Nov 25, 2017
    Baltimore, MD
    Does anyone know if you can use targets that have a silhouette outline at Continental and others? Or should I just buy regular bulls eye targets? I was going to buy a big pack from Amazon this is the only reason I am asking.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Does anyone know if you can use targets that have a silhouette outline at Continental and others? Or should I just buy regular bulls eye targets? I was going to buy a big pack from Amazon this is the only reason I am asking.

Yes, you can. They sell B27s and a few other types there.

cms1528

Feb 26, 2013
    AGC is ok to shoot 00 buck on the Barnes range. I personally only shoot that when there's very few people there. Don't want the shotgun pattern to spread out down range and affect someone else's target.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    In juxtaposition to the rules at Continental, the rules at Freestate permit the use of slugs only, but do not allow shot. I just confirmed this on the Freestate website.

Thanks for the correction. It’s been a while, and now that I think harder I may have showed up with 00 and had to purchase slugs onsite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom