• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Objee

Oct 3, 2013
    I concur. Gen 2 over either Gen 3 or 4...

And Coca-cola... (over Pepsi)

And AKs... (over ARs)

And .45... (over 9mm or .40)

And Redheads (over blondes)...

And Mary Ann (over Ginger)...

did I miss anything? :D

JO Spice (over Old Bay)

Android (over iPhone)

Beatles (over Rolling Stones)

F-150 (over Silverado)

TP unrolls from top (over from the bottom)

:party29:

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    Love my Gen 3 and it fits me well as I have big hands. I haven't noticed a difference between the Gen 3 and Gen 4 when shooting. Both should serve you well.

Not starting an argument here but I have heard that you will be able to find parts easier for the Gen 3.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    If you do not care about a more aggressive grip texture, matte finish on the slide, or adjustable backstraps, it is impossible to go wrong with a Gen3.

Otherwise, there's nothing wrong with the Gen4s.

I own a Gen3 G34 and a Gen4 G26.
    The G26 did seem to need a little bit of break-in after a range trip or two, but it could have also been me.
    The smaller size of the 26 mandates a very tight and firm grip.

bama47

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 9, 2013
    Marylandistan
    If you do not care about a more aggressive grip texture, matte finish on the slide, or adjustable backstraps, it is impossible to go wrong with a Gen3.

Otherwise, there's nothing wrong with the Gen4s.

I own a Gen3 G34 and a Gen4 G26.
    The G26 did seem to need a little bit of break-in after a range trip or two, but it could have also been me.
    The smaller size of the 26 mandates a very tight and firm grip.

The big ones require a very tight and firm grip too!

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    Does anyone prefer the 17 over the 19? I have a 19 and thought about getting a 17. and if so, gen 3 or 4?

I have a 17 Gen4 that I've put several thousand trouble free rounds through in about 5-6 months of shooting it. I prefer the 17 over the 19 because the 17 fits better in my hand. The only downside of many of the Glocks are the POS junk polymer sights. Either get one with night sights or swap the polymer trash out asap.

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    Gen 4 and add a Streamlight TLR-1 or TLR-1HL. The ergonomics of the gun and light together are better than I had even hoped for.

- Pretty sure that is the first time I have ever used the word "ergonomics" correctly in a sentence - hell, I can't even pronounce it correctly.

Attachments

• Glocks with lights installed.jpg
      Glocks with lights installed.jpg
      56 KB · Views: 323

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Does anyone prefer the 17 over the 19? I have a 19 and thought about getting a 17. and if so, gen 3 or 4?

I have a G17 Gen4 and a G19 Gen3. I gotta tell ya, I'm reaching for the G19 when I'm heading to the range. I don't know why, it's just my go to range Glock. I shoot that more than my G26 which I carry when I'm in PA visiting my son.

Unless you don't have one, you'll probably never miss a G17. :innocent0

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    I went with a g34 MOS (so gen4 obviously) instead of a g17 because I got a really good deal on it, but I have shot the gen 3 17s a good bit. I have an early g19 gen 4 that I never really had problems with, and carried/shot a gen 3 g19 when I was in the service. The 34 is not exactly the same, but I believe the frame is at least the same size. Between the two, I honestly enjoy shooting the g19 more, even though I have big hands. I shoot the g34 more accurately, but it just isn't as fun for some reason. Probably the 8 years of familiarity and tens of thousands of rounds with the g19 frame size. It just feels right, like I can't miss.

Between the gen3 and 4 larger frames, I prefer the gen 4 g34 to a gen3 g17. The modular backstraps are nice on the larger frame. I know this isn't precisely what you were asking for, but I hope it is useful.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    What no Gen 1 love? Mine is still going strong.

The Gen 4 is a general improvement over the Gen 3, though I don't like the aggressive grip texture as much.

But, it's a Glock. I mean, whichever you choose will likely still be kicking by Gen 7 when they are loaded with self-guided bullets.

Personally I prefer the G19 as the better all-around use but for a range gun the G17 has a marginally better sight radius. Otherwise I can't tell much difference nor can comfortably carry either one without bulky clothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom