• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Had the range COMPLETELY to myself for almost 2 hours today.

I take it as proof that God does exist when that happens, can count on 1 hand how many times I've had a completely empty range in the past 6 years.

Good day to be out there.

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    Had the range COMPLETELY to myself for almost 2 hours today.

I take it as proof that God does exist when that happens, can count on 1 hand how many times I've had a completely empty range in the past 6 years.

Good day to be out there.

Daymn! Wish I could have joined you.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Daymn! Wish I could have joined you.

It was a gift from above...

20150530_111044.jpg

Empty range, great weather - proof that God does exist, and wants me to be happy. :D

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Great pic of the range. I was thinking about The Grove the other day, and the douchebag rape whistle guy. Still getting used to all the firearms related freedoms out here. After living in MD for so long, things that are normal in the rest of the country still seem weird to me out here.

Haven't seen him there in some time now, he was on 'time-out' for a season, but I think DNR/NRP have let him back now - but haven't seen him.

I love being there by myself, take a shot or two, check the target - let the barrel cool, completely on my own schedule.

You'll adapt quickly, I did in VA - still not sure how I wound up back in MD though...

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Haven't seen him there in some time now, he was on 'time-out' for a season, but I think DNR/NRP have let him back now - but haven't seen him.

I love being there by myself, take a shot or two, check the target - let the barrel cool, completely on my own schedule.

You'll adapt quickly, I did in VA - still not sure how I wound up back in MD though...

He ran out of .22lr ammo. Funny that he keeps asking me where to buy it. I keep telling him "The Store". Hell everyone has it in stock now.

It does upset him when he realizes that I just received a shipment of over 50,000 rounds. :D

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I was out there on friday, alone for an hour before one other party showed up and set up at the other end.

:thumbsup:

I try to give other people a wide berth when the range is nearly empty, but that wasn't me on Friday. Everyone will know my truck when they see it.

He ran out of .22lr ammo. Funny that he keeps asking me where to buy it. I keep telling him "The Store". Hell everyone has it in stock now.

It does upset him when he realizes that I just received a shipment of over 50,000 rounds. :D

:lol: :lol2:

I have what's left of a $200+ brick of .22 that I'd be willing to sell him. ;)

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I'm all about the shady bench on the end, but I rarely get it.

Table 8 is about the only bench that's the correct height for me to shoot well off of with bolt rifles, it also seems to be the least warped.

I'll take it when it's available, but if it's busy, I'll leave the end tables to the handguns.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Went this morning about 0930-1045. Couple of others were there but not full. It was starting to fill up as I was leaving. Also the ranger showed up and checked permits, a first for me there.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Yesterday morning at 0900 myself and 2 other benches. About 1000 it started filling up and getting hot and humid. Got done what I went for so it was time to leave anyways.

svana

NRA Life Member
    Dec 28, 2012
    Sterling, VA
    Me and a friend were out there today for about 3 hours, had the range to ourselves for about 2:00 of it. 45 minutes there were 1 or 2 other shooters, and it was full for about 15 minutes. I haven't been there since it's been that open since I've been there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    sstrum

Latest threads

Top Bottom