• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • midcountyg

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2009
    Preston, MD
    Oh, I miss understood your question, my bad. They should be 2 3/4" shells. I am not saying they aren't out there somewhere, but I have never seen any 3" shells with shot in that size range.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The biggest single factor in shot shell production costs is the shot. Antimony costs, plating costs, quality control costs. Premium shells also generally use more expensive wads. Premium cases only matter if you reload.
    Of course depending on what you are trying to do cheap ammo may work in your favor. If you want wide close patterns, and your gun is more tightly choked than ideal, then soft , out of round shot could open patterns as a good thing.
    50 yrs ago 7.5 was prefered for all trap, and 9 for skeet. Nowdays 8's are prefered for 16 yd trap, and considered adaquate for informal skeet.
    If the shells are for double duty for occasional hunting also , I prefer 7.5 .( a clay either breaks or it doesn't, but birds/ small game pellet energy makes a difference) .

RetNavyHD

Dec 7, 2008
    North East, MD
    NEVER!!!! have i had a problem with RIO ammo and i buy approx 40-60 cases a year.

Place call CAC assoc and Shydas both in PA roughly $52 a case so your price is outstanding. Where is GRAF & Sons located? I don't have a C & R but might be worth it to get one for that price!

Thanks

MauiWowie

I have the SIGness...
    Nov 23, 2008
    Harford Co.
    NEVER!!!! have i had a problem with RIO ammo and i buy approx 40-60 cases a year.

Place call CAC assoc and Shydas both in PA roughly $52 a case so your price is outstanding.

Well too good to be true is exactly too good to be true!
    I received UPS tracking confirmation x 8 today via email.
    I wondered why I received 8 confirmations so I called Graf & Son's to ask why?
    The service rep said that they ship every 250 round box individually via UPS. There site does not tell you how much shipping is but I've ordered 9mm from there before and it was only $15 to ship a case which is a wonderful shipping price. So I trusted them and ordered 2 cases of 12g Handicap ammo.
    Well the rep. tells me they charged me a freaking $12 per 250 rounds!
    YES $96 to ship 2 cases to me! Obviously I am very very upset about this and I told the REP if they want me to return and not tell everyone and their mom not to buy from them they better fix it! He said the customer service people are gone for the holiday and to call Monday.
    So my $48.99/250 cases ended up being $60.00/250 :mad54::mad54::mad54:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom