• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FatMuscle

Aug 9, 2010
    La Plata
    Great post!

I don't care what your political affiliation is. If you believe in the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, you need to GET INVOLVED! It does not matter if you do not own a firearm. It does matter if you believe that YOU have the RIGHT to decide. WE have the RIGHT to defend our FAMILIES! WE have the RIGHT to defend ourselves from our GOVERNMENT!
    President Obama has done more against OUR Constitution than any number of presidents before him and he aims to do MORE!
    When will YOU get it? Will it be too late?
    WE as American Citizens need to remind Mr. Obama and Congress that this is OUR country NOT theirs!
    Get off your ass and make your voice heard! Contact everyone you know and make them aware of how dangerous this has become to our RIGHTS!
    Contact your representatives and make them hear YOUR voice!
    This is NOT an exercise, This is NOT a drill, WE are in danger of loosing our RIGHTS!

"Now is the time for all good men (women) to come to the aid of their country!"

honukane

Aug 15, 2012
    Southern Maryland-istan
    This is what I sent to ALL of my MD House & Senate reps... both e-mail and snail mail. I hope someone in the various offices actually reads it :-)
    Feel free to use part or all...

Senator Thomas M. Middleton
    3 East Miller Senate Building
    11 Bladen Street
    Annapolis, MD 21401
    1 January 2013

Dear Senator Middleton:

I am writing to you to express my deep concern regarding the upcoming legislative session and the potential for proposed bills that would further infringe on our 2nd Amendment Constitutional rights. The recent high profile shootings have whipped many people into a "We must do something!" emotional state at both the State and Federal levels. I am hoping that saner heads will prevail in the coming months. Public policy and law based upon emotions or hastily conceived in the aftermath of a tragedy are rarely wise. As you may be aware the recent FBI statistics clearly show that Maryland had only two rifle related deaths in 2011. In fact rifle related deaths are quite rare despite the sensationalized news coverage that incorrectly implies there is some sort of epidemic of "assault weapon" murders.
    I am a firearms-owning constituent who is adamantly opposed to any further infringement on my 2nd Amendment Constitutional rights. I am concerned that political "solutions" are being developed for a problem that doesn't exist, in response to the emotional rhetoric surrounding the issue. Current State and Federal laws regarding both hand guns and semi-automatic rifles, when properly enforced, are more than sufficient to protect the public interest. Maryland already has some of the most restrictive firearms laws in the country. We do not need further restrictive measures against law abiding firearms owners. As my elected representative, please oppose all further firearms infringement legislation.

Sincerely

Robert1955

Ultimate Member
    Dec 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    I have joined MSI I will be sending letters to all of my elected representatives in government and I try to educate friends, family and coworkers about the fact an AR-15 style gun is not an "ASSAULT WEAPON" and in fact a simple plane-jane deer rifle in 30-06 has more power than the .223 round from an AR-15. Not to mention the real meaning of the 2nd Amendment. Those poor civilians with their personal rifles are why this country is free today. Not because of the great Army and Navy we had, NOT, back in 1776.

BMD084

Dec 31, 2012
    SOMD
    This is perfect, it's the very reason I joined MDShooters. I came here to find others who are going through the same emotions on this very matter. We are all in this together and it is time to band together. You were right on when you asked the question "What are YOU going to do?" Just like voting, I hear a lot of people saying, "what difference does it make if I vote or not, my vote wont count!" How dead wrong and ignorant can people be?! Since recent tragic events occured, gun control activist are all over the media and workplace voicing their opinion. I knew something had to be done.

So here is what I have started doing. I wrote the NRA asking if there was a pre-written letter that people could use to send to their representatives, then I figured it was my duty as a gun owner and believer in the 2A, to write one myself. So I did and sent it off

I'm not a huge fan of facebook but I went in and "liked" 5 pro gun, sites or pages and posted the letter I wrote to my rep on those pages as well as my own and ecouraged others to do the same even if it was copy mine, paste it and send it off.

One of the most challenging things is confronting those people who are anti-gun. These may be family member, co-workers and friends. It is so important that they gain a better understanding about firearms. Everyone gets flustered over AW and large capacity magazines and why does anyone need a thousand rounds of ammunition. I started informing those ignorant and uneducated people. Most whom have never seen a gun except on TV.

Thank you all for doing your part. Please encourage others to as well.

This Forum is a great place to exchange knowledge and tactics on how to rally together and combat gun control.

ezracer

Certified Gun Nut
    Jul 27, 2012
    Behind enemy lines...
    I've been busy sending e-mails and letters to all of my representatives, both state and federal, and I'll be in Annapolis.

I'm cynical. I don't think the politicians PERSONALLY read this stuff because they have staff people that probably just speed read the letters/e-mails for content and then pigeon-hole it.

What really matters to them, I think, is QUANTITY of letters/e-mails...so keep it up.

jtb81100

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2012
    Western HoCo
    Getting ready to do another round of emails, re-joined the NRA, going to join MSI after my post xmas check gets here, been posting about the issue on FB and talking to people I know encouraging them to support 2A even if they aren't into guns.

herkybird72

2A Defender
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2011
    Freedomland,NC
    One thing I do and I encourage everyone I know to do is call the media on every lie they tell about Firearms. It's obvious most know nothing when they make statements such as "spraying bullets" or referring to AR-15's as heavy weapons like O'reilly likes to do. Use the email contacts on their websites.

spanokopita

Nov 3, 2012
    herky, you are right. Shotguns are for spraying bullets, not semiautomatic rifles...

Realistically, ezracer I agree with you, but I think short and poignant letters are more likely to be read than hostile essays that "preach to the choir". In that vein, here are some ideas:

"I do not support laws that turn peaceful citizens into felons."

"I support private ownership of all semiautomatic rifles"

"I support unrestricted ownership of gun parts like magazines that are standardized and in common use."

"I only support gun laws that directly address criminal and violent activity, and are enforceable."

"I do not support confiscation, taxpayer-funded buybacks, or additional regulation or prohibition related to lawful use of guns"

"I do not support registration or regulation of firearms intended for hunting or sporting use."

"I support State-funded education on safe and responsible firearms use."

"I do not support gun control laws that diminish the value of legally owned firearms, or obstruct lawful sale or transfer of these firearms."

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    I do call the delegates in Frederick, the Senator Ron Young I have talked to on the phone, I call the House of Reps and both Senators in this state ....OFTEN...
    Write emails, donate money to SAF, NRA and MSI... Think I'm doing okay
    yea, I'll go to Annapolis when sension is in too...

jtb81100

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2012
    Western HoCo
    My email:

I do not support ANY further gun control legislation and as elected officials you should not either. I will not in any way support an elected official who does so nor any business who does so. We aren't talking about car emissions or tax treaties, we're talking about something our founding fathers put in our country's framework as the right of every citizen of this country.

Every single right in the first ten amendments is something that has the power to be dangerous to somebody who means to do evil.

The press: A New York paper has an interactive map of registered gun owners on their website. At least one criminal will target a house specifically because of that map. It's not unlikely that somebody will end up dying because of that map, yet they have the freedom to put it up and keep it up.

Religion: We allow the worship of a religion that has a sub-set that specifically calls for our destruction. One sub-set of a religion is effectively a sovereign body apart from our country that has actively hid claims of child abuse by it's holy leaders. Another sub-set is allowed to protest at the funerals of the troops who fight for their very right to do so.

Speech: How many problems has this caused our country over the years? People spout off about things they know nothing about all the time. That's half your job description to begin with.

The problem isn't guns. Walk through any mall and look at the majority of the under 40 crowd. How many of us look like we are anywhere near having our shit together? Focus on the REAL problems: poverty, education, safety, jobs, mental health care and you'll cut you're gun problem.

A lot of gun control people try to say preventing just one death is worth it. Preventing just one death isn't worth me giving up free speech, free religion, free press, gun ownership, or any other right guaranteed to me by the Constitution.

ToBeFree

Ultimate Member
    Oct 5, 2011
    Highland Cnty-Va
    Wow

I'm reading lots of stuff and looking at ways to help the cause. Sending e-mails to elected officials voicing my concern about pending bills that would limit if not down right negate my second amendment rights. NRA member. I am sending all I know links to different sites and encouraging them to also let our representatives know NOT to support gun ban legislation of any type. I will be at rallies to show support.

:bullhorn: This is getting serious and scary - I will not back down nor will I keep quite. Don't you either.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I'm reading lots of stuff and looking at ways to help the cause. Sending e-mails to elected officials voicing my concern about pending bills that would limit if not down right negate my second amendment rights. NRA member. I am sending all I know links to different sites and encouraging them to also let our representatives know NOT to support gun ban legislation of any type. I will be at rallies to show support.

:bullhorn: This is getting serious and scary - I will not back down nor will I keep quite. Don't you either.

I can't agree more. I sent my letters out today

This link will take you to a Congressional website where you can quickly and easily email your Senators, Congressmen and the President: http://www.congress.org/congressorg/mail/?alertid=61046526&type=ML

wolfejp

Apr 8, 2011
    Waldorf
    I’m a member of the NRA, and am planning to join the more local 2A groups such as MSI. I have always had an interest in fire arms and coming from California I understand the frustrations that go along with strict gun laws. I haven’t been actively doing anything to further gun rites although I wish I knew what I could do. I’m a home based firearms dealer and although it’s a business with intensions of making money, in a small way I feel like we help out. Many of our customers are first time gun owners, and every new gun owner is one more person that I willing to do something for the cause.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I’m a member of the NRA, and am planning to join the more local 2A groups such as MSI. I have always had an interest in fire arms and coming from California I understand the frustrations that go along with strict gun laws. I haven’t been actively doing anything to further gun rites although I wish I knew what I could do. I’m a home based firearms dealer and although it’s a business with intensions of making money, in a small way I feel like we help out. Many of our customers are first time gun owners, and every new gun owner is one more person that I willing to do something for the cause.

Now is your chance as well as you have the opportunity to inform all of the new to guns owners you deal with.

This link will take you to a Congressional website where you can quickly and easily email your Senators, Congressmen and the President: http://www.congress.org/congressorg/mail/?alertid=61046526&type=ML

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    This is what I sent to ALL of my MD House & Senate reps... both e-mail and snail mail. I hope someone in the various offices actually reads it :-)
    Feel free to use part or all...

Thanks honukane, have just emailed several legislative figures with your verbiage. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom