• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • -Mil-Surp-Phreak-

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2007
    Gaithersburg
    Yeah I called ahead and picked mine up from White Marsh. Got the one with included scope mount and already have my read-dot on it and will have pictures up later on. Got to play some more with the MSAR AUG and a SIG X-5.

Joe

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    Yeah I called ahead and picked mine up from White Marsh. Got the one with included scope mount and already have my read-dot on it and will have pictures up later on. Got to play some more with the MSAR AUG and a SIG X-5.

Joe

Must have just missed you. I only worked until 5 yesterday.

If anyone else is interested I still have 2 @ White Marsh and 4 @ Continental.

Plenty ready to cash and carry home! With 20 rd magazines (blocked 22 rd mags) to go with them!

Have them coming in on a regular basis!

-Mil-Surp-Phreak-

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2007
    Gaithersburg
    Well I'm off to NRA Range in Fairfax to get acquainted with my GSG-5. Will have some pictures soon. Only wish NRA Range would let you take pictures inside as I want some action shots.

-Mil-Surp-Phreak-

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2007
    Gaithersburg
    I have but one word to describe my GSG-5. ****IN AWESOME!!!! I know that was 2 words but thats how good it was today. I still have a grin plastered from ear to ear 2 hours after getting home from the range. I went through the majority of a Federal Bulk Pack in about 2 hours with only 3-4 failures to feed that were a result of me cramming 23 rounds in the 20 round mag lol. It only took me one magazine to get the irons set up, they shoot about 4 inches high at 25 feet so I'm going to order a HK-91 rear sight and get install it next week. I then slapped on my extra Tasco Red-dot sight on the included mount and it took another mag to zero that. Then I just let loose until my time was up on my lane. I set up 2 targets at different places on the backboard at 30 feet and then proceeded to alternate double taps from target to target with my buddy calling out the target I needed to hit. Every single shot fell in a group that would fit underneath a CD. Next up on my list is to get a RIS front rail system and I already have a collapsible and extra side-folding stock in the mail. I am 120% satisfied with my purchase and can't wait to shoot it again. For those of you on the fence, don't hesitate.....Buy one.

Joe

-Mil-Surp-Phreak-

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2007
    Gaithersburg
    Already did a bit of customization with a Navy Housing. With the saftey selector, the upper receiver, and the 2 bolts for the trigger pack/stock it was solid as a rock with no movement by the trigger pack at all. Total time into this project was about 2 hours with most of it just measuring out the cutout for the serial number and then just test fitting, filing down some, test fitting, filing ad nausea.

EDITED TO ADD: I forgot to mention that this Airsoft Navy Trigger Housing was the non-shelf type with just a lower section for the bolt to hold onto. I also had to file off the little shelf in the front of the housing for the trigger pack to fit. I might have just made the hole for the Serial # too far forward, but I measured off the GSG-5 housing and it functions as is so I'm going to leave it like that. It might vary from housing to housing so if you plan on doing this, its something to remember.

I highly recommend Kapowee, fast shipping and a good product. Their airsoft boneyard is a veritable treasure trove for GSG and my modifying 10/22s into Airsoft bodies.

morestuff078hu2.jpg

morestuff079ey9.jpg

morestuff081xk2.jpg

Sorry about the blur on this one, forgot to go into Macro mode and I can't be buggered to find my digital camera at this hour lol.

morestuff082up0.jpg

repair-man

Mar 27, 2007
    SW MD
    I have but one word to describe my GSG-5. ****IN AWESOME!!!! I know that was 2 words but thats how good it was today. I still have a grin plastered from ear to ear 2 hours after getting home from the range. I went through the majority of a Federal Bulk Pack in about 2 hours with only 3-4 failures to feed that were a result of me cramming 23 rounds in the 20 round mag lol. It only took me one magazine to get the irons set up, they shoot about 4 inches high at 25 feet so I'm going to order a HK-91 rear sight and get install it next week. I then slapped on my extra Tasco Red-dot sight on the included mount and it took another mag to zero that. Then I just let loose until my time was up on my lane. I set up 2 targets at different places on the backboard at 30 feet and then proceeded to alternate double taps from target to target with my buddy calling out the target I needed to hit. Every single shot fell in a group that would fit underneath a CD. Next up on my list is to get a RIS front rail system and I already have a collapsible and extra side-folding stock in the mail. I am 120% satisfied with my purchase and can't wait to shoot it again. For those of you on the fence, don't hesitate.....Buy one.

Joe

Which stocks did you order? Are they all metal? People are paying rediculous amounts of money for the CA all metal airsoft stocks. I see kapowwe has a bunch of MP5 stuff in their boneyard. I'm wondering what's all metal and what's going to fit a gsg-5.

-Mil-Surp-Phreak-

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2007
    Gaithersburg
    I ordered the CA B&T Side Folding stock from airsoftextreme.com. They have a whole section devoted to the GSG-5, the only thing on there that through trial and error people have found doesn't fit without modification is the G&G UMP style stock. The B&T stock fits with very little to no modification needed.

tanglebones

Jan 3, 2009
    the 36 grain HV value pack, I assume?

Funny, between the GSG and the Walther G22 I have two autoloading rimfire rifles that are each pretty particular about ammo. And they each have their different tastes. :/

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    Mine doesn't like CCI to much but loves the remington golden bullets.

i got a box for christmas i havent tried yet, i can't use em at continental (hp)
    i gotta sight in this crappy little red dot i got for mine, i hope to do it at the frostbite shoot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom