• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • squirrels

Who cooks for you?
    Jan 25, 2008
    It will be amended to remove some of the most offensive language as well as to change it from a bill to enact a law to being a bill to authorize a task force to study the issue.

Oh that's excellent. That's what they need...someone to actually learn something about mental health before they start passing laws about it. A bunch of us recommended that in our letters.

At least they're listening. :)

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    I've actually been pretty impressed with the common sense that is coming out of most of the delegates...

I've thanked Delegate Alston for her pointed questions and her willingness to listen to both sides of the debate...she's a breath of fresh air for PG County.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Public speaking and being fast on one's feet is two different things...you're damned good at both.

In comparison, here I am before the camera. They cut several minutes in the interest of time, but could have at least let me finish the sentence: :D

[time out...link not working]

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Good showing rambling_one, I just didn't feel they were being open minded enough.

This one, with MSI in it:
    http://cns.umd.edu/tv/
    Scroll down to MD Handgun Permits

With reporter Stephanie Woods, did a slightly better job, at least pointing to a few more facts.

There are several gun related news shorts at that link. Natasha Lim also reports on gun issues in Maryland. She seemed to emphasize terms like 'renegade gunman' on campus and 'wild west'. Not exactly what I would call fair and balanced reporting. I find it funny but sad that people with the loudest voice in the media are most often people with the least experience on a topic.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Don! You look good on tv! Nice job. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the chuckle, my man. :lol2:

Between the eye surgery and a recently developed thyroid cyst, we horsemen would suggest it's time to hang up the spurs.

Thank G-d for the younger fellas who occupied the witness chairs on my behalf.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I will give the CNS people credit, they are far more equitable and balanced than just about anyone else out there. They really adhere to the old school standards of journalism.

Both David and Stephanie are excellent interviewers and are always well-prepared.

Good showing rambling_one, I just didn't feel they were being open minded enough.

This one, with MSI in it:
    http://cns.umd.edu/tv/
    Scroll down to MD Handgun Permits

With reporter Stephanie Woods, did a slightly better job, at least pointing to a few more facts.

There are several gun related news shorts at that link. Natasha Lim also reports on gun issues in Maryland. She seemed to emphasize terms like 'renegade gunman' on campus and 'wild west'. Not exactly what I would call fair and balanced reporting. I find it funny but sad that people with the loudest voice in the media are most often people with the least experience on a topic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom