• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Ive looked at a couple, they feel pretty cheap but they are a cheap .22. I may buy one at somepoint as they would be pretty easy to takedown and pack (unlike most survival guns where the stock takes up WAY too much space). Sights suck. Some paracord treatment would help with the stock.

Sort of like the old Marbles trapper guns.

.22mag might be useful. Cheap enough to throw it in the trunk and leave it there for trips (wonder what the legals are on day to day drive with one in the trunk, dont stray into DC!)

Ive seen pricing around $150 for the .22LR guns, not for the .22mags yet.

At the price its probably worth giving one a whirl. Wish they would make an over and under that would be a cheaper option for field work than the M6. Especially if I get an KSG, since most of the dealers I work with you charge you X for one gun and X/2 for the second etc.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Reminds me of the M6 Scout rifle, just stripped down.

Not even close, if I snag one of these at some point (this is the kind of item I would pop for at a funshow) I would have to come up with some sort of takedown pin and retainer. The ones I have seen didnt take down nicely like the M6. Being able to break it in tow would make it much more packable. This might be a cost effective action to tinker with (e.g., ditch rail for paracord, rig up some better sights).

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    If anyone is still interested I got my Little Badger .22 Mag today, havent had a chance to shoot it.

The gun is very simple but the reciever and stock feel relatively solid and have a good weld to the shoulder (surprisingly). Weight isnt less than I expected. Its actually pretty decent for what it was designed for and should function well. Trigger is not to bad. Very packable design with the skeletized stock and general thin profile.

Cons:

- Poor fit and finish, typical low end Chiappa
    - Sights are plastic, I think they probably can be improved and refit but I will have to look closer.
    - Fright sight is some form of muzzle protecting sleeve, in a cheap matte plastic.
    - Comes with warning absolutely not to dryfire, not that dryfiring is the greatest practice but its fairly explicit which makes me think the firing pin lacks a spring or something. Havent torn it down to get a good look.
    - Rear sight lateral adjustment is loose.
    - Has a pivot screw of some weird design and not a takedown pin. I am going to have to have some form of takedown pin and retainer engineered to facilitate easy packing.

Overall handles better than I expected and definately worth the price of admission. I will probably order the .22LR version soon. Good gun to keep disassembled in your vehicles spare tirewell or similar for emergencies. Would like to see a 17 HMR version

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom