• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Btre

Sep 8, 2012
    How much does Live Scan in Glen Burnie charge to do your fingerprints?

Thanks in advance!

I paid $76, a little expensive but it was in my travels and I pre-paid online the evening before - there were 6 guys ahead of me and the took me ahead of the everyone else - in and out in 10mins

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    This is my work I did for Scotts Gunsmithing Website, but others are free to use it:

LINK

All I am missing is TRAINERS who will offer the classes.

5a) If you owned a Maryland Regulated Firearm (Handgun or "Assault Rifle") PRIOR to 10/2/2013, you are EXEMPT from the HQL Training Requirement and you want to specify:

-Program - Firearms Service
    -License Type - HQL
    -(5 Options)
    HQL Permit (This is for those with MD Handgun Carry Permits)
    HQL Standard (This is for those who Owned a Handgun or Assault Rifle before 10/1/2013)
    HQL Training Exempt (For those who are Exempt from Training)
    Qualified Handgun Instructor Certification

5b) If a HQL Applicant is not does not meet 5a as listed above then you must be:
    -Someone who completed a Certified Safety Course.
    -Has completed a Course of Instruction in the Competency and Safety of Firearms as prescribed under Natural Resources Article, §10-301.1, Annotated Code of Maryland. Application for the Maryland Department of Natural Resources Hunter Safety Course Certificate can be obtained from here and may be used in lieu of Qualified Handgun Instruction.
    -Is currently a Qualified Handgun Instructor.
    -Is an Honorably Discharged Member of the Armed Forces of the United States or National Guard.
    -Is an Employee of an Armored Car Company who has a Handgun Carry Permit issued by MSP.

If you don’t meet 5a or 5b then TRAINING IS REQUIRED!

The bold underlined part points out if you are a current owner you must also meet one of the lower requirements and the thing you mention first is now 4th on the list.

It would be much clearer if it were separated or in the same order (first-first or 4th-4th).

Dang, the process is so confusing I had to edit this multiple times.

Isn't the correct selection the 5th item? "Training exempt"??? Or is the website flawed or just incomprehensible?

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Actually the trick is to use the MSP at the MVA locations.

You contact MSP, I have to find the link, and call and make an appointment. DO NOT call the MVA, they know nothing about it.

They charge $20. And they will submit fingerprints electronically for MD use. They will print fingerprint cards for other uses (VA, FL, UT CCW).

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Actually the trick is to use the MSP at the MVA locations.

You contact MSP, I have to find the link, and call and make an appointment. DO NOT call the MVA, they know nothing about it.

They charge $20. And they will submit fingerprints electronically for MD use. They will print fingerprint cards for other uses (VA, FL, UT CCW).

The nearest MVA to me that does fingerprinting is Frederick. It is about a one and a half hour drive, each way.

Dippah

Feb 23, 2013
    Mooseman, I have no clue what it costs but I believe you can schedule something through MDHQL.com or even have them set something up with a local shop and multiple people can complete the process all together.

Laurel Police Dept. charged $55 ($20/fingerprint & $35/processing fee) and took about 20min with three people ahead of me.

Question, anyone know if the Maryland Police Training Commission - Firearms Safety Training Course - Certification of Completion (what we would have used to purchase a regulated firearm prior to 10/13) can be used in place of a registered firearm on the HQL Application? It mentions multiple pre 10/13 certificates and was wondering if this would fit the bill.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Mooseman, I have no clue what it costs but I believe you can schedule something through MDHQL.com or even have them set something up with a local shop and multiple people can complete the process all together.

Laurel Police Dept. charged $55 ($20/fingerprint & $35/processing fee) and took about 20min with three people ahead of me.

Question, anyone know if the Maryland Police Training Commission - Firearms Safety Training Course - Certification of Completion (what we would have used to purchase a regulated firearm prior to 10/13) can be used in place of a registered firearm on the HQL Application? It mentions multiple pre 10/13 certificates and was wondering if this would fit the bill.

No, it can't, those items that are exemptions are spelled out specifically in the statute, and the pre-Oct 1, 13 training certification is not one of them.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore

Dear Newbie, Note the black band and R.I.P. in Mooseman's emoticon. He is on the other side now. Thank you...move on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom