• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 22Shooter

Feb 5, 2013
    I recently pirchased an amazing Ruger 10/22, but it has a very sporty stock on it, don't get me wrong it's beautiful, but I'm much more into the tacticool style. Currently it has a Predator Raptor 052/100 stock but I'm looking for something more along the lines of a M40A5 to give it that sniper/tactical look while still being unique. Maybe even something between sporty and tactical? I've been googling stocks and really haven't had anything jump out at me except the Premier II, but no luck finding one. Anyone have any recommendations meeting the criteria?

Last edited:

awdnick2986

MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2013
    Archangel stocks are nice. I have one on mine and it looks sick. Bass pro has them for like 135.

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    A Hogue over molded will make it look like a M40, especially in OD Green. There is a Boyd & Carlson model, which emulates the McMillen stock and is pretty cool looking with dual swivel hooks upfront for a sling and bipod.

I actually have a picture of a Hogue over holded in my gallery if you wanted a quick peek.

22Shooter

Feb 5, 2013
    Those are cool, but that's more of an AR style. I'm trying to find something thats a cross between the USMC M40A5 sniper rifle and a competition style stock

22Shooter

Feb 5, 2013
    The hogue reminds me of an M40A1, the 3 and 5 have that elevated cheek piece, squared foregrip, etc

22Shooter

Feb 5, 2013
    A Hogue over molded will make it look like a M40, especially in OD Green. There is a Boyd & Carlson model, which emulates the McMillen stock and is pretty cool looking with dual swivel hooks upfront for a sling and bipod.

I actually have a picture of a Hogue over holded in my gallery if you wanted a quick peek.

Seabees next build? I've seen them mounted and do like them, but I'm looking for something that's tacticool and unique at the same time. Kinda hard to find

mtlcafan79

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2008
    PG
    http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/subgrouping.htm?cat=1215

Tacticool_Gun.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member