• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I sight my FVSR in at 25yds with Quiets and it drops about 3.5" at 50 from that 25yd zero. It's a close range shot, but it's really, really quiet with a can. You hear the hammer drop and the bullet impact. That's it....

Std velocity CCI's or any other similar speed subsonics are better for longer ranges (less drop), but slightly louder suppressed, though still pretty damned quiet.

mdrpd

Mar 20, 2018
    I like mine just the way it is, but then I had a Marlin 880SQ that I sold when I got divorced that I have never been able to replace. The Mk2FVSR reminds me of that gun and, in turn, my childhood.

cokebuck

Don't Re-Member
    Apr 1, 2016
    The old Mark II FV-SR was my first 22lr back in 2015. I literally stopped shooting my AR's for six months to put 10,000 rounds through this tack driver. At AGC 100 yard, hitting a 2" paddle target was still too easy so I had to step it up and challenge myself to hit little stone fragments in the berm. No, I'm not some crack shot. It's this hidden gem of a rifle with it's accu-trigger just makes everything too easy. At one point they dropped to $200 bucks.

mdoffroad

Looking to Learn
    Aug 26, 2011
    Abingdon, MD
    I ended up getting the Boyds Pro Varmint stock from DIP. I ordered it Thursday, It was here Saturday! The fit is TIGHT but good. I forgot it uses TORX bit for the new hardware. Big thanks to @combatAK for the fantastic Redfield 4x glass and rings. Thank you to @verizonguy for the A2 flash hider to stand in for the thread protector. The BiPod is by Caldwell that was on my Ruger 10/22 Take Down. Pic in the next post.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    If I shot mine more often I'd be more motivated to get a new stock. Maybe that'll be my father's day request.:D

mdoffroad

Looking to Learn
    Aug 26, 2011
    Abingdon, MD
    b8a2d6ccabf34707c7eda42781cb50b0.jpg

75b69f4e8c12187564f4b078b5a4b5ff.jpg

mdoffroad

Looking to Learn
    Aug 26, 2011
    Abingdon, MD
    Don't buy the Boyds stock from them direct. Get it from DIP and get the whole "kit" that comes with the metal and the trigger guard. I had no idea the plastic stock had it all molded in as one piece and that I would NEED a replacement. The $180ish plus shipping was a STEAL and worth grabbing it now. It shipped from Idaho, just an FYI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom