• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • arbud

Jan 27, 2008
    Towson
    Anyone no why these Maks are not really C&R pistols. I know someone who has had 2 of these, with the movable rear sight, sold to him as C&R.
    Some ffl holders think and I agree, If they are a Russian Makarov they are on the C&R list as good to go.
    I am getting my C&R soon and would like to just buy one of these.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    IJ-70 like the one in the classifieds is definitely NOT C&R They are a commercial version

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Imez and Baikal Makarovs not C&R

It’s not a mystery, especially since there is a BATFE letter on the subject. These are not Makarovs but modern, commercial copies or variations. I would not want to be in possession of one that I got in a C&R transaction, that’s for sure.

f8e72f2f63688a7684162cbb205115db.jpg

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Commercial copies made for the mass market. They will be C&R in 30 or 40 years.

Though no one can say C&R makes perfect sense for guns less than 50 years old. Bulgarian Makarov's are not C&R and they have substantial history. Yet all (non Mak but Makish) P64s are regardless of manufacturing date.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Imez and Baikal Makarovs not C&R

Commercial copies made for the mass market. They will be C&R in 30 or 40 years.

Though no one can say C&R makes perfect sense for guns less than 50 years old. Bulgarian Makarov's are not C&R and they have substantial history. Yet all (non Mak but Makish) P64s are regardless of manufacturing date.

I sure wish Bulgarians would be designated C or R. They are so beautiful. I refuse to get an HQL. All the guys stacking them deep over the last few years at $250-$300 will be happy campers.

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County

That is what has me confused. I always thought that it had to be 50 years to be C&R. Is that the model has to be 50 or the specific gun in question? I was looking at reviews of some C&R pistols online and people were talking about how theirs were early '70s manufacture dates. I can't remember whether the gun was the P64 or the CZ-50.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    That is what has me confused. I always thought that it had to be 50 years to be C&R. Is that the model has to be 50 or the specific gun in question? I was looking at reviews of some C&R pistols online and people were talking about how theirs were early '70s manufacture dates. I can't remember whether the gun was the P64 or the CZ-50.

The specific gun has to be 50 or more years old OR the model on an explicit list of curios and relics maintained by ATF. P64s are on the list and, yes, some were made in the 70s.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Even so, the seller has no obligation to sell a C&R-qualified gun as C&R. Just an exercisable option for the seller.

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    The specific gun has to be 50 or more years old OR the model on an explicit list of curios and relics maintained by ATF. P64s are on the list and, yes, some were made in the 70s.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I would hate to buy something as C&R and later have it turn out not to be.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    An example of the above are Soviet produced Makarovs. Even though both of these are made in the 70's, they have been designated as C&R simply because the Soviet Union no longer exists (on paper anyway).

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

SOme of the CZ-83's were made in the 70's and even 80's. Hey, this is government.....

TLL

God Bless America
    Jan 6, 2011
    Virginia
    Isn't the cz82 9mmMak c&r?
    The cz83 a .380 not c&r?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Ah , it's the CZ-82 that is C&R, not the CZ-83 .

The readily available ammunition test only has to do with ctg firing *Relicas* of pre-1899 guns . Think for example of reproduction Spencers in original cal , or repro Henry in .44rimfire .

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    CZ-82 is C&R because of the polygonal rifling in the barrel. A museum curator signed off that it’s historically significant or something.

I seriously think Gen 1 Glocks should be C&R as well. Striker fired polymer frame revolution!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom