• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fibonacci

Mar 15, 2018
    Sorry if this is a thread already but I couldn't find it. My question is - I sent in my review board appeal in late November and have called the board several times and sent an email but no one responds. What are my options? I feel I have a pretty good case but can't afford a lawyer to help, so unless someone knows a pro bono lawyer I am stuck fighting this on my own.

This is from the review board website

Board’s Action Requirements
    Within 90 days after receiving a request for a review/hearing of the Secretary’s (of the State Police) action, the Board, at its discretion, may choose either to:

1) Review the record developed by the Secretary of the State Police; or
    2) Conduct a hearing.

Thank you in advance for any help / suggestions.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Sorry if this is a thread already but I couldn't find it. My question is - I sent in my review board appeal in late November and have called the board several times and sent an email but no one responds. What are my options? I feel I have a pretty good case but can't afford a lawyer to help, so unless someone knows a pro bono lawyer I am stuck fighting this on my own.

This is from the review board website

Board’s Action Requirements
    Within 90 days after receiving a request for a review/hearing of the Secretary’s (of the State Police) action, the Board, at its discretion, may choose either to:

1) Review the record developed by the Secretary of the State Police; or
    2) Conduct a hearing.

Thank you in advance for any help / suggestions.

You are in the same boat I am in , Dec. for me .

It truly is a dog eat dog world out there in our Hellish State , if I could leave I would have done it years ago .

I don't even know what information to give you .

My first instinct is to say they know they are doomed so they are doing the least amount of work just to fill the weeks till there doom is upon them .

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    :cool:So what you're telling me is that having sent my hearing request in a couple of weeks ago, I shouldn't start getting impatient just yet.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    When you get to 6 months start worrying .

They do not answer emails , calls ...I went up to the hearing board in Crownsville a while back to hand deliver another packet of information to match my first certified packet . Then it was another month and half for them to respond .

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I think it is important to remember this is Maryland and nobody cares that you have a permit or even restrictions modified . The only thing the libs want is the HPRB to disappear for the mere fact they will side with the permit holder on clear valid issues and that pisses off the Libs .

It really is a you against them mentality and un-lawful IMHO

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    One thing everyone seems to be forgetting is that they can't even schedule a hearing until MSP LD coughs up however much of their file they feel like sending to the HPRB. Unless something has changed. Like the HPRB was mass arrested by Capitol Police or the MGA Sergeant at Arms.

And as far as them not responding - they're short handed on a good day. The State seems to be trying to slowly starve them administratively.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Is their anyway that we could step in and volunteer if we are willing to go thru a background check? If so who do we contact about this or could it be a ploy by the demorats in the MGA to stop all work their and then say LOOK We TOLD YOU SO!! about them being behind ...????

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom