• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Because its Creedmore, that's a nice rifle but i can think of better used for that much coin? Or because its "Springfield" which I believe is specifically numerated in legislation.

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    I have one of their M14's bought before the ban and they are very well built, mine is just service grade and it is very accurate and reliable. Considering the quality of the parts and features included with the M65 the price is not that bad, glad to see Fulton going to the trouble to give shooters stuck in MD a M14 pattern rifle. Been thinking of a Creedmore and this one jumps to the top of the list.

Last edited:

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    How many AR10 style rifles in 6.5 Creedmoor could you buy for $3400.00 ? For what Fulton wants, it should have a lugged receiver, Kreiger barrel and McMillan stock in addition to the NM parts already listed.

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    Even though I own 2 I don't really care for AR rifles, I've always liked the M1 Garand and M14, really don't care if an AR is better or not, would rather put the money into a rifle I enjoy looking at and shooting. Nothing beats good steel and walnut:D

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    Augie... I agree about shooting rifles with that "look"... but at $3400+ ...that's 3 or 4 Garands from CMP depending upon which configuration.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    I like old school too but, what exactly makes this legal and why wouldn't the XM21 Bula 6.5 Creedmoor version be legal also? BTW, Bula's XM21 6.5 Creedmoor barreled action is under $1,000 and I'm pretty sure it could be completely built for another grand.

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    Are u sure? Because last year, I talked to one of their staffs, he said he can't not sell to Marylander. I hope he is wrong

Fulton just announced the other day that they got this approved by the MD State police, see first post by Altima.

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    Have letter from MSP in hand. Good to go :thumbsup:

Congrats, I don't know if you shoot at AGC but if you do I would like to take a look at your rifle when you get it if you don't mind. I have Fultons M14 and it is a very well built rifle.

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    Augie... I agree about shooting rifles with that "look"... but at $3400+ ...that's 3 or 4 Garands from CMP depending upon which configuration.

I've had as many as 14 Garands, down to 5 now and thats enough. A M14 in 6.5 Creedmore would be a nice addition to the shooting stable and this M65 looks like it could be a real shooter and is already set up for scope use.
    The M14 platform has always been an expensive platform if you buy rifles other than Springfield, look at what an LRB sells for or just some of the parts such as a quality scope mount, the package price for Fultons M65 is in line with other custom M14 manufacturers. Fulton wheather you like them or hate them has a lot of experience building high quality M14's and I give them credit for going to the trouble to get a rifle approved for us stuck in Marylandastan.

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    Don't get me wrong... they're incredible rifles. I had a Springfield for a while... standard with an upgraded gas system and NM trigger. Had I kept ot, I probably would have gone with a Douglas or Kreiger barrel... etc... the gun would definitely shoot, I'm sure the Fulton gun would shoot into 1MOA right out the gate... maybe half that. Where I am right now is that I couldn't justify that price tag on a range toy.. to each their own...

ROBAR35

Living the farm life
    May 20, 2010
    Howard Co.
    Congrats, I don't know if you shoot at AGC but if you do I would like to take a look at your rifle when you get it if you don't mind. I have Fultons M14 and it is a very well built rifle.

No problem, I am a member and only live about 10 minutes from the range.:thumbsup:

ROBAR35

Living the farm life
    May 20, 2010
    Howard Co.
    Picked her up yesterday, quite pleased

Attachments

• IMG_0200.jpg
      IMG_0200.jpg
      81.3 KB · Views: 201

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Nice looking rifle! Based on what I see from looking at the pic, I don't see any reason why other manufacturers couldn't "bring it" to Maryland.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Looks nice and I know they build some nice stuff, but unless or until I can an “M14/M1a” Maryland acceptable rifle for more like $1,000-1,400 I’ll likely continue to not own one for a very long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom