Say this isnt true : Springfield M1A Banned ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Years ago I saw a hunter shoot a deer with one, the special bullet it uses (banned in 5 continents) went right thru the deer then proceeded to split 4-5 huge (90-100' around) giant sequoia trees and ultimately struck a large bison destroying all the meat instantly.
    Shortly after I heard something in the woods behind us and it was Owe'malley with binoculars, he didn't look too happy

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Yes, historical military firearms that are rarely used in crimes and could have potentially benefited a militia are expressly prohibited by our wise legislators. It's been the key to reducing firearm related deaths in Baltimore since 2013, and an example of the effectiveness of the Democratic party in solving long-standing problems in Maryland versus passing meaningless legislation that disproportionately impacts the law abiding.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    The M1 is just so much killy-er than the other assault death guns out there. I mean, everyone wants to tote around a rifle that weighs 100 pounds on their death spree instead of a much lighter AR.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    It has the shoulder thing that goes up.

DSCN6526.JPG

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    According to Maryland law you can't buy any version of an AR-15 with a skinny barrel but the exact same rifle with a heavy barrel magically transforms it from a gang banger's gun of choice into a "target" rifle. How stupid is that? WTF?

While that little exemption in the law at minimum allows us to enjoy such rifles...it does show how stupid and ignorant of reality the elected officials are. They have to ban something...reality is immaterial...they just have to ban something.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    HOLY COW ----- I must have been out of the loop for a long time :mad54:

Welcome back. Unfortunately there are a few more zingers that make absolutely no sense; but until/unless we can stop the gerrymandering and people’s votes count we are stuck with these corrupt politicians and asinine laws.

There are those that don’t know, those that know but only complain, and those that ‘do’ something about it. Which group do you want to be part of?

but he is .....
    k3mwbq.jpg

It’s because these rifles look scary, that’s why they were banned. Maryland legislators are clueless when it comes to actual facts.

It has the shoulder thing that goes up.

DSCN6526.JPG

True. The origins of this saying are important to know.

Related:

According to Maryland law you can't buy any version of an AR-15 with a skinny barrel but the exact same rifle with a heavy barrel magically transforms it from a gang banger's gun of choice into a "target" rifle. How stupid is that? WTF?

While that little exemption in the law at minimum allows us to enjoy such rifles...it does show how stupid and ignorant of reality the elected officials are. They have to ban something...reality is immaterial...they just have to ban something.

You sir understand the situation well. Would you consider running for political office? If not, support a political candidate? Is DINO a good option where you live?

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    While you guys are on the subject of MD's idiocy, I was having a conversation with trooper from MSP the other day about gun laws. He is a gun guy, 2A supporter, and counting down the days to retirement so he can escape MD's lunacy. Anyway, he told me "Man, you don't realize how stupid the idiots are who were in on making those laws. Some of them thought that magazines came already loaded and once empty, it had to be thrown away."
    I haven't met every trooper, but I've met some from different regions and it seems that the ones from Western MD are pro-gun and Pro 2A while the ones from about Frederick and farther east are more anti. I can't speak for troopers from the Eastern shore. That pretty much coincides with how the regions vote during the election it seems.

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    I once had a MoCo trooper try to convince me to get in touch with a C&R collector who lives about a mile away. :thumbsup:

Falkus

Dating Scarlett Johansson
    Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    Im still shocked over that ....

Here is a Moron Question:

How can I convince them to overturn it ? or remove that off the list to make it legal once again cuz its pretty stupid rule.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Im still shocked over that ....

Here is a Moron Question:

How can I convince them to overturn it ? or remove that off the list to make it legal once again cuz its pretty stupid rule.

About only option would be to lobby your Delegate and State Senator. If they're amenable to listening to ordinary tax peasants. If so, bring facts. Maybe a board the length of an M1A.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom