• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    I think I can stop now. I replaced the crappy 556 style stock with a 550 series stock and added 20" heavy barrel.

SIG522.jpg

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Love the stock! Might have to add one to my 522.

BTW, I see you're in Upper Marlboro. You ever go to MSAR?

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    That looks awesome! :party29:

Thanks man.

Love the stock! Might have to add one to my 522.

BTW, I see you're in Upper Marlboro. You ever go to MSAR?

Not very much anymore. I hope the new range has better ventilation and has a RSO. Sucks because it's very close, but blowing lead boogers and watching out for armed idiots is not very fun.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Thanks man.

Not very much anymore. I hope the new range has better ventilation and has a RSO. Sucks because it's very close, but blowing lead boogers and watching out for armed idiots is not very fun.

I completely agree.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    Where'd you get the stock and how much? I really like that.

From SIG, it's an actual SIG 550 series stock. It's not cheap ($160), probably more than most people are going to spend. It feels much more solid than the crap one that comes with it. They are also not easy to find. Certainly better than what Colorado Gun Sales is selling them for ($325).

You could also go with the 522 Stock Adapter from Double Diamond Law Supply and add an AR style stock.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=69157

krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    From SIG, it's an actual SIG 550 series stock. It's not cheap ($160), probably more than most people are going to spend. It feels much more solid than the crap one that comes with it. They are also not easy to find. Certainly better than what Colorado Gun Sales is selling them for ($325).

You could also go with the 522 Stock Adapter from Double Diamond Law Supply and add an AR style stock.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=69157

slide fire stock?

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    Where did you get the heavy barrel?

SIG had some combo sets they offered last year. They came with complete 522 16" carbine and 20" Heavy Barrel w/ tool for removal. They have never sold them separate as far as I know, so I picked up one from Gunbroker that a guy did not want. I think I paid about $110 which is comparable to getting a new barrel for a 10/22.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    Being a sig fan boy ... all i can say is:

:clap: :thumbsup: :clap:

Very Nice!

Thanks, got a new SIG551-A1 coming to keep this company. If I ever win the lottery or inherit some money from some long lost relative I will have an original SIG550. At least SIG is offering something along the lines of the original now. They have even replaced the stocks on the SIG 556 line with the original style.

556-Classic-S-detail-Hero.jpg

HollowPoint

Aged Member
    Sep 13, 2011
    Inside the Outside
    Thanks, got a new SIG551-A1 coming to keep this company. If I ever win the lottery or inherit some money from some long lost relative I will have an original SIG550. At least SIG is offering something along the lines of the original now. They have even replaced the stocks on the SIG 556 line with the original style.

556-Classic-S-detail-Hero.jpg

Makes me drool! Really like the look with that stock! :thumbsup:

What did the SIG551-A1 set you back cost wise? My wallet runs like a whipped dog tail between it's legs every time I get to looking at these online. Sig Sauer has contributed to my poverty!

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    Makes me drool! Really like the look with that stock! :thumbsup:

What did the SIG551-A1 set you back cost wise? My wallet runs like a whipped dog tail between it's legs every time I get to looking at these online.

$1579 plus tax. I think they kind of screwed themselves on these though, people already with a SIG556 probably aren't going to pay for another one with the original styling of the 550. However, if you are like me and wanted a 551 but cant afford a real one, its a good compromise. Also, if you look earlier in this thread there is a link to the SIG 551 transformation they offered. It would allow those with a 556 to purchase the complete 551-A1 lower and stock to add to their 556.

I ended up getting the stock for my 522 (just swapped the folder push button from the original stock) and it locks as it should. Also purchased 4 30rds mags. The mag prices suck but I don't need 30 of them and that was the cheapest I have ever seen them. This rifle is not going to be anything but a range toy anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom