• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    I am currently going through the application process for my CCW and I believe that I should be able to obtain a permit. So far everything has been proceeding smoothly. However, what impact does it have if I were to get a disapproval which unfortunately I hear in this state is likely? Does this impact my ability to get CCW permits in other states? Would it impact renewal for current permits that I hold? I.E. Utah Permit? If one gets a disapproval from the state which causes negative impacts what legal recourse does one have?
    :patriot:

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    It should not cause any trouble in other states as long as the reason isn't a disqualifying factor. IE something criminal or in your past. If typical MD ********, you should be fine for other states.

TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    Some opinions here state there is a difference between a disapproval and a denial.

your call.

^^^ This

Some states ask if you've ever had a permit application denied or a permit revoked. From my experience, MSP will disapprove a permit if you lack G&S, and deny if you are prohibited from owning firearms. It's all in the wording.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Getting a letter saying you are not approved or disapproved for lack of G&S will not give you any problem. If you are denied, rejected or revoked because of a prohibiting condition that's a different story. Even then if the condition is not disqualifying in another state it may not be an issue.

LongRanger

Gun Smitty
    Apr 9, 2011
    Usually it comes down to the REASON your inquiring for the permit . I would think your past is clean and all that or you would not have filed for it. ONE THING PEOPLE MISS when they go for the permits and as I was an required instructor in other states and also holder in MD I have seen this over and over YOU CAN NOT HAVE CIVIL JUDGEMENTS against you , even if 30 years ago make sure you get any civil judgement or lean closed or removed from your record prior to application and also no current civil lawsuits and or leans . So many people have missed such a little thing and been rejected its pitiful . If you have F.O.R from being prior LE you can appeal and usually win but in turn I have heard of felons getting approved that they had to go a pull the card from so who knows. I have had students take classes from me in VA when I lived there only to get denied because the had a judgement many many years ago they forgot about and I also heard same tale here in MD many times. I do know just about everyone now that files for just a purchase is a delay and it was a year and a half for class 3 licence here in MD about 15 years ago and I do not think they even give them out anymore. I had people with NEWLY ISSUED permits get completely denied buying handguns from us so I tell everyone to make sure you dot every T and cross every eye when filing anything now days because you just don.t know LOL

jeffie7

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2015
    Loudoun County
    As long as your G&S is business related, you should be good.
    Military/contractor with OPM breach might get it
    Citizen looking to protect yourself? Just send the money to me. I'll use it to buy you dinner so you can feel like you got something out of it.

As others have said, if you are denied in Maryland, I don't think anyone else will care. Even when I got a VA permit, the court house was like you moved here from Maryland? wow I hear they suck with guns... yes... yes they do...

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    I never followed up on this but yes I got a permit within 45 days. Fully unrestricted. Luckily I did not have to go to the HPRB.

I used the following:
    Personal threats against me and my family
    ISIS / Terrorist Threats in Maryland
    OPM Breach

:party29:

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Some opinions here state there is a difference between a disapproval and a denial.

your call

Another vote for ^^THIS , however IANAL

In law, words are everything

DISAPPROVE (Oxford dictionary)

1. Have or express an unfavourable opinion.

‘Bob strongly disapproved of drinking and driving’

1.1 Officially refuse to agree to.

The state officials have refused to agree that the reasons you gave for requesting a permit are sufficient to satify their definitions. Thats why its called "Disapproved" and not "Denied".

DENY

Refuse to let oneself have something that one desires.
    Refuse access to something.

Although the results are the same, the reasoning/wording is different. That's Denied vs. Disapproved.

JaegerJason

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 1, 2018
    I never followed up on this but yes I got a permit within 45 days. Fully unrestricted. Luckily I did not have to go to the HPRB.

I used the following:
    OPM Breach

45 days, huh? My check was cashed just over a month ago, so... fingers crossed.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I am certainly not one to know everything clearance related, but didn't you join the IDF and fight over in Israel? Dual citizenship? How complicated was your clearance? I am assuming you are a FED something or other now since you mention OPM breach. Quite the trifecta to have credible personal criminal threats, ISIS threat AND OPM breach.

F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis

I used the following:

OPM Breach

Can you elaborate on your interview or any other part of the process you encountered on the way to receiving permit in 45 days ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    I am certainly not one to know everything clearance related, but didn't you join the IDF and fight over in Israel? Dual citizenship? How complicated was your clearance? I am assuming you are a FED something or other now since you mention OPM breach. Quite the trifecta to have credible personal criminal threats, ISIS threat AND OPM breach.

I can't disclose where I worked or what I did. I was born and raised in Milwaukee, WI. My clearance was pretty complicated I was investigated thoroughly by multiple agents in the NSA. White vans, phones and internet tapped, the whole 9 yards. Now I carry literally everywhere allowed by law.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Maybe one of these days a regular everyday citizen can get a carry permit too if we ask very nicely...

Attachments

• ccw.jpg
      ccw.jpg
      67.8 KB · Views: 221

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    Can you elaborate on your interview or any other part of the process you encountered on the way to receiving permit in 45 days ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interview was easy. The investigator asked to meetup in a public place near my house. They literally asked me my name, DOB and if I ever had any DUI's (which I don't, I thought that was a weird question).
    The investigator / trooper said alright thanks and told me they'll give me an answer shortly after they complete the investigation. Shortly after that I got a call from someone higher up letting me know that they have approved my permit and will get it out to me the same day. He told me they were rushing it. He did ask me why I waited so long to apply and that was pretty much it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom